• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars DVDs being recalled?

Started by Dangelus, September 04, 2011, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

I've heard that the major online US retailers don't seem to have any Star Wars movie DVDs or sets available to buy anymore, including the Walmart website. Also somebody enquired in a Walmart store and was told the DVDs have been recalled.

This is an interesting move by Lucasfilm if true. Can anybody confirm?

Rico

He'll never get mine! Or my VHS tapes either!

Bryancd

I saw that, could be clearing out inventory to make room for the Blu-Ray, which would make sense. They are also likely over time to decrease production of the non Blu-Ray DVD's.

Geekyfanboy

Disney pulls their titles all the time.. it's not so unusual.

Bryancd

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 04, 2011, 05:21:30 PM

Shhh, Dan's on an endless conspiracy quest, don't ruin his fun... ;)

turtlesrock

i just have episode 4 and 6... i'll need to find the rest someday.... :)

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 04, 2011, 05:21:30 PM

That isn't quite the same thing.  Disney does it to keep the "limited time available" factor for many of their films.  If the Star Wars thing is actually true, a possible reason for this might be to remove previous versions from being able to be purchased.  Again, if it's actually true.  It could also simply be a help to clear stock so as not to confuse buyers, clutter the store with old versions, who knows what.  It doesn't really matter that much.  Since the age of digital and the internet, every previous version of these films will perpetually be out there - basically for a very long time to come. 

Meds

I'm so glad I picked up those DVD's with the original films. In your face George... Hold on bloody hell Bobba Fetts just legged it with my collection. Why I ought a..  ;)

Dangelus

Perhaps the DVDs will be sneakily reissued with the new changes....