• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Top 10 Sexiest Sci-Fi TV Females

Started by Rico, September 02, 2011, 05:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on September 14, 2011, 10:09:08 AM
Quote from: Rico on September 11, 2011, 05:03:20 AM
Quote from: M-5 on September 10, 2011, 09:27:31 PM
Summer Glau just doesn't do it for me.

Really??!  Have you looked at this thread:

http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?topic=8816.0
I'm with M-5.  She's pretty cute, but the whole emaciated look is a bit disturbing to me.  She needs to eat a couple of Dagwoods a day for about a month and then she'd be okay.

Don't agree at all.  Summer is a long time ballet dancer and is just very fit.  Her body suits her frame and size.  She doesn't look unhealthy at all to me.  Quite the opposite in fact.  :)

ElfManDan

Quote from: Rico on September 15, 2011, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on September 14, 2011, 10:09:08 AM
Quote from: Rico on September 11, 2011, 05:03:20 AM
Quote from: M-5 on September 10, 2011, 09:27:31 PM
Summer Glau just doesn't do it for me.

Really??!  Have you looked at this thread:

http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?topic=8816.0
I'm with M-5.  She's pretty cute, but the whole emaciated look is a bit disturbing to me.  She needs to eat a couple of Dagwoods a day for about a month and then she'd be okay.

Don't agree at all.  Summer is a long time ballet dancer and is just very fit.  Her body suits her frame and size.  She doesn't look unhealthy at all to me.  Quite the opposite in fact.  :)

On health and fitness I agree with Rico, also she is pretty hot too in my opinion. She's definitely healthy, she's just thin, which gets no complaint from me.

Jobydrone

We all have our preferences and that's fine, she just seems unnaturally thin to me.  It's always been a bit of a pet peeve of mine that Hollywood continues to perpetuate the feeling that women need to be built like twigs to be considered attractive.  I'm trying to raise my daughter to have enough self esteem and self worth not to buy into that nonsense, like so many unfortunate young girls do today. 

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Summer, loved her in Firefly and TV Terminator, and I truly hope you are right and she's not starving herself for the sake of stardom.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

ElfManDan

Trust me I know thin people and I'm really thin myself and it comes with an active lifestyle. And she's a ballerina and everything I've ever heard and seen tells me she's a pretty active healthy individual. So I don't think you need to worry about her starving herself.

Rico

Again, I agree with you Dan.  I've been thin all my life too - really thin when I was younger.  And I certainly didn't starve myself.  I also know girls that eat plenty and are just thin.  It would be different if she looked unhealthy or had lost more weight, but she's always looked exceptional healthy and fit to me.  You can eat plenty and not be overweight.  It just takes eating the right food and being active.  Anyway, I think Summer is just doing the right things for her health and body.

Rico