• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

I'm ashamed to be from the UK right now...

Started by Dangelus, August 08, 2011, 02:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ori-STUDFARM

Don't say that. It's Notts County (boo...hiss!!) Vs Nottingham Forest (Yay....huzzah!!!) in the football tonight (soccer)

stonut

I'm from Birmingham and the area that was affected is literally round the corner from my place of work. But I'm not ashamed to be from here. This is a mindless minority not the majority. 1 million people live in Birmingham not 200.
It has nothing to do with what happened in London. It's opportunists using twitter and blackberry to organise looting and violence. It's not racial it's not bigotry it's not due to the economic crisis. It's just a bunch of toerags who need locking up for a long time. We need to throw out the human rights act and the soft sentences and get tough. If there's no deterrent it will carry on.

QuadShot

Quote from: stonut on August 09, 2011, 10:07:10 AM
I'm from Birmingham and the area that was affected is literally round the corner from my place of work. But I'm not ashamed to be from here. This is a mindless minority not the majority. 1 million people live in Birmingham not 200.
It has nothing to do with what happened in London. It's opportunists using twitter and blackberry to organise looting and violence. It's not racial it's not bigotry it's not due to the economic crisis. It's just a bunch of toerags who need locking up for a long time. We need to throw out the human rights act and the soft sentences and get tough. If there's no deterrent it will carry on.

Well said stonut.  Saying that you're ashamed to be from anywhere because of a group of complete idiots is silly. Don't let this small group of jack-asses take your pride away at all. If you do, they win. Just my opinion for whatever it's worth.

ori-STUDFARM

It's the people interviewed on the news trying to justify the rioting that are p***ing me off!

stonut

Yes then they wheel out the community leaders. Do I know who my community leader is no!. So what makes the tv people think these "leaders" can get through to them. It's black White and Asian youths, so an Asian community leader will only get to one group.
It's pathetic, least we never had Boris with a broom in Birmingham.

Bromptonboy

To draw a parallel to a recent treksinscifi - it is as if these knuckle-headed yobs are celebrating 'Festival!' - where are the law-givers when you need them.  Landru!  Guide us!
Pete

Dangelus

It's kicking off again.

Manchester city centre a store on fire.

More incidents in Birmingham area, cars on fire....

I think it's going to be another long night.

It doesn't help that the social networks are full of idiots giving out false information, one of which was the evacuation of the shopping mall and transport centre my wife uses to get home. :(

So angry.

ori-STUDFARM

Yeah. Can hear the sirens in Nottingham.

Just think, a few buildings burnt down today would have been a few cities burned down a few hundred years ago

Poodyglitz

Quote from: ori-STUDFARM on August 09, 2011, 09:33:16 AM
There were small icidents last night in Nott'm, but judging by the police presence and the early closure of the market and shops in my local town centre, it looks like they are expecting the worse tonight.

Incidently, the first target last night? JD Sports! Chavs trying to pick up new trainers and joggy bottoms.

As for the cause. The starting point seems to be the shooting of a young black man by Police on Saturday. Which seems as good an excuse as any to burn a city to the ground and try and pick yourself up a new TV!

Okaaaayyyyyy...

ori-STUDFARM

That's what i don't understand. How does smashing in a shop front, stealing all the goods and then burning it to the ground act as a protest against the British Police.

It's just an excuse for chavs to gather in numbers and act like the animals they are.

WillEagle

Hadn't heard much about this. I don't catch the news often. To much stupid stuff. You all stay safe over there!

Bromptonboy

Just read of some fatalities in Birmingham.
Pete

Dangelus

Last night some people in a car mowed down a group of people who standing on the pavement protecting their property. Killed 3 people.

I despair.

stonut

The police have arrested people in conjunction with the murder, alas another man dies trying to put out a bin fire.
Thankfully all this madness has ceased for now. But as usual the courts are being soft.