Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Started by Meds, July 23, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

Quote from: X on July 24, 2011, 12:05:05 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on July 23, 2011, 11:29:47 PM
Quote from: X on July 23, 2011, 06:27:57 PM
Quote from: Dangelus on July 23, 2011, 03:59:22 PM
Many questions are being asked but the disgusting thing is all those idiots on social neyworks commenting in a disrespectful way. She was very troubled and this is the result. Have some respect.
I get where you're coming from, but I think it's hard to have respect for someone that seems to not have respect for themselves. I haven't read the reactions on the interwebs, but I sure that it won't all be positive.

I'm not talking about respect for her specifically but respect for human life. People out there saying she "deserved it".
I see what you're saying. I don't think she "deserved" it, but it clearly is a case where stupid choices led to expected consequences. I don't think she deserved to die, but in my mind, she's the only person at fault for her death. When she decided to refuse help and attempt to glamorize her lifestyle, it was inevitable. I hope that in her death, kids that saw how she behaved as something cool or acceptable will realize it's not.

Yep, totally agree. Hopefully something good will come from this.

Bromptonboy

I think there were people around her who benefited from her being in the spot-light in a negative way - the press included.  The more outrageous behavior the better the ratings.  Now this comparing her to Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin will 'glamorize' this tragic life-style.
Pete

Meds

Her ex scum bag husband has a lot to answer for. Yes it takes two to tango but he led her down one ugly garden path.

Yes she danced with the devil but there is another family out there looking at a empty chair at the dinner table.

Rico

I'll just say I try very hard not to judge others.  I didn't know her and can't comment on her life really.  But, I still find it sad when a person so young dies - for any reason.