• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

LEGO "Star Wars: The Padawan Menace"

Started by Rico, July 07, 2011, 04:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Looks like fun!

First revealed by ComingSoon.net last month, Cartoon Network is preparing a thirty-minute "LEGO Star Wars" special. Though the initial teaser art had indicated that it would hit this fall, an updated press release reveals that it will debut even sooner. Entitled "LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace," the standalone adventure will air at 7pm on July 22nd. Full details from the press release are as follows:

After the runaway success of their wildly popular building sets, video game collaborations and animated shorts, The LEGO Group and Lucasfilm will join forces once again for an all-new adventure – their first-ever original television special. Premiering on Cartoon Network on Friday, July 22 at 7:00 p.m. (ET/PT) in high-definition computer animation, the 30-minute original standalone special – LEGO® Star Wars: The Padawan Menace – will feature the charm, action and irreverent humor that have become the signature style of LEGO Star Wars animation collaborations.

Featuring situations, characters and locations from throughout the entire Star Wars Saga, the original adventure is written by Emmy® Award winner Michael Price (The Simpsons) and produced by Academy Award-winning Animal Logic, the production company behind Happy Feet.

"We're certain that fans of LEGO play and the Star Wars universe will be as excited by this new original animated LEGO Star Wars episode as we are," said Jill Wilfert, vice president of licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group. "Developing original animated content leveraging the LEGO and Star Wars brands is incredibly rewarding for us because it not only engages and entertains fans in original stories and adventures that further their imaginative play, it authentically delivers on the inherent values and fun that LEGO play brings to the partnership."

To date, Star Wars is the first and most successful LEGO licensed product collection in the company's history, generating more than 200 LEGO models and approximately 275 LEGO minifigures inspired by the Saga, which has also spurred a blockbuster collection of videogames, selling 25 million units to date worldwide. In addition to its popularity among younger fans, a significant portion of the LEGO Star Wars consumer fan base is made up of nostalgic adults and franchise collectors.

LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace is scheduled to air multiple times on Cartoon Network during the weekend including: Friday, July 22 at 7 p.m. (ET/PT), Saturday, July 23 at 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. (ET/PT) and Sunday, July 24 at 4:30 p.m. (ET/PT).

A routine Jedi Academy field trip is turned into a rip-roaring comic adventure in LEGO Star Wars™: The Padawan Menace™. Tour guide Master Yoda leads a group of rambunctious Jedi younglings through Senate chambers when he senses a disturbance in the Force. Summoned to help save the Republic, he discovers that one of the younglings secretly boarded his ship...and has a taste for adventure! Meanwhile, C-3PO and R2-D2 are put in charge of the boisterous group and find themselves in over their heads. As the evil Sith prepare to wreak havoc, it's up to Yoda and the droids to ensure that their young charges aren't torn to bricks!

Read more: Cartoon Network Announces LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=79499#ixzz1RSoAflK5

Geekyfanboy

Well that's not a good day to air it.. I mean I'll be at comic con with another 130,000 geeks.. guess that's what DVR's are for.

turtlesrock

Bryancd

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on July 07, 2011, 04:26:39 PM
Well that's not a good day to air it.. I mean I'll be at comic con with another 130,000 geeks.. guess that's what DVR's are for.

Oh, Kenny, I doubt that will be a huge detriment to it's ratings, it's Comic Con, not Christmas Eve. . ;) I'll be home watching as well.

Rico

Maybe they will show it at Comic Con too.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on July 07, 2011, 05:02:56 PM
Maybe they will show it at Comic Con too.

Yeah, make it an event! They likely don't have any 3D to show off yet, no live action, so besides Season 4 of CW, STAR WARS needs some buzz! However the advertisers likely wouldn't be too psyched.

Feathers

The kids would kill to see this, I suspect!

Looks like agreat idea - I hope we get to see it sooner or later.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

Watched this last nigh and was it fun! Funny, charming, cute, with great little out of canon story. And the visuals in HD are stunning!

[spoiler]Love the inclusion of Han![/spoiler]

Rico

Shoot, I need to check my listings and see if they are replaying this sometime soon.  Missed it.  Or I'll have to find "other means" to see it.  ;)

moyer777

I thought it was really funny, I was very surprised.  Hilarious.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Totally forgot this was airing.. so much SDCC stuff going on. I hope they repeat it at some point or like Rico I'll find "other" means of getting it.

WillEagle

I normally forget to dvr stuff like this, unless its a regular series, but I do have this on the dvr to watch!

Bryancd

I'm watching it again and laughing my butt off! Tom Kane as Yoda steals the show!

ricdude

Caught a few minutes over the kids shoulders, looked hilarious. Loved the George Lucas minifig.  Will have to find a way to watch the rest of it...

Bryancd