• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Is that is really George Takei with the funny pictures on facebook?

Started by alanp, September 10, 2012, 04:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Sometimes I think that has to be him; others I have my doubts.  Does he have a staff or an assistant?

KingIsaacLinksr

This is why I don't tend to follow actors on FB or anything else, it could be him, but I'm almost willing to bet its his staff/assistant. I could be wrong, but that's always the feeling I've gotten from actors/famous people. So I don't follow them.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

ChrisMC

Quote from: AlanP on September 10, 2012, 04:27:16 PM
Sometimes I think that has to be him; others I have my doubts.  Does he have a staff or an assistant?
He has said on the Stern show that he has someone who posts most of the stuff for him, other than personal messages.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

QuadShot

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 10, 2012, 07:24:20 PM
This is why I don't tend to follow actors on FB or anything else, it could be him, but I'm almost willing to bet its his staff/assistant. I could be wrong, but that's always the feeling I've gotten from actors/famous people. So I don't follow them.

And I'll bet  you are wrong...just because someone is famous that means they're not posting for themselves?

Bromptonboy

Stern show!  I haven't heard him in years.  Not since he went satellite, and dropped off of 92 K-ROCK.  Does he still have the same cast of characters? (off topic, I know)
Pete

Bryancd

We have Sirrius and listen to Howard. I have been a fan since the mid 80's. He's still just as good!

Rico

Quote from: QuadShot on September 11, 2012, 07:31:08 AM

And I'll bet  you are wrong...just because someone is famous that means they're not posting for themselves?

Yeah, it depends on the celeb.  It's easy to tell pretty fast who is doing it themselves and who has others making the posts.  Nathan Fillion for example loves posting all kinds of fun stuff, pics, comments, etc.  In fact, many celebs seem to really enjoy the direct link to their fans. 

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: QuadShot on September 11, 2012, 07:31:08 AM

Considering how much time it takes to be as active as some of those famous people are on social media, I highly doubt it's the real deal all the time. As Rico said though, it depends person to person. Some like Whil Wheton are the real deal, others...it doesn't feel like a real person talking. Just some PR rep for that person. It's a very noticeable difference.

At the end of the day, it's almost impossible to get a conversation out of a celebrity (which I understand why) so I don't see the need to follow them. That's what I'm on twit/FB/G+ for is conversation.

ChrisMC

Quote from: Bryancd on September 11, 2012, 08:18:04 AM
We have Sirrius and listen to Howard. I have been a fan since the mid 80's. He's still just as good!
Yeah, although these short weeks (only Monday and Tuesday this week!) kinda suck, I still enjoy the show. I jumped on Sirius when he came and got a lifetime sub! George Takei on occasion sits in for a week as the "announcer" but mostly he chats about his life and is very, well TOO honest about his private life. It's made me much more of a fan of his. But yeah, he doesn't post that stuff, he admitted as much.

QuadShot

Yep, no sense in following someone unless you can have a truly meaningful conversation with them, and "connect" with them right?

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: QuadShot on September 11, 2012, 02:09:38 PM
Yep, no sense in following someone unless you can have a truly meaningful conversation with them, and "connect" with them right?

I didn't want to bring that up here Al.

And I think you misunderstood what I was saying. That or I didn't communicate it very well.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Chris-El on September 11, 2012, 01:34:40 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on September 11, 2012, 08:18:04 AM
Yeah, although these short weeks (only Monday and Tuesday this week!) kinda suck, I still enjoy the show. I jumped on Sirius when he came and got a lifetime sub! George Takei on occasion sits in for a week as the "announcer" but mostly he chats about his life and is very, well TOO honest about his private life. It's made me much more of a fan of his. But yeah, he doesn't post that stuff, he admitted as much.
I started listening to him when he first simulcast in Philadelphia and Manhattan - in 1985 I think.  Are all of the 'Whack Pack' still around?  Elephant Boy, Captain Jenks, etc?
Pete

ChrisMC

Wow, that was when they had the "funeral" for Debella! Classic. Not as much Wack PAck as they used to be...but they show up. They don't hear much from Elephant Boy or Janks. I think the last Wack Pack appearance was from Bettlejuice, and he's always gold.

QuadShot

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 11, 2012, 05:33:34 PM

And I think you misunderstood what I was saying. That or I didn't communicate it very well.
Bring what up? Ain't nutin' but a thang.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: QuadShot on September 11, 2012, 08:20:55 PM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 11, 2012, 05:33:34 PM

Bring what up? Ain't nutin' but a thang.

mhm. Sure.