• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

lil' Vader and crew at Barns and Nobel

Started by Jen, September 01, 2006, 11:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Hi guys,
Thought you might enjoy these pictures my husband took while we were at Barns and Noble Tuesday night. The new Star Wars novel: Bloodlines, by Karen Traviss, was released on Tuesday and to kick it off a San Antonio Barns and Nobel location invited a local fan club in full regalia to welcome everyone. I believe they did this in other States as well...but this location was the only one in Texas.  I had to have my photo taken with the Lil' Vader (see below)...His dad was one of the Storm Troopers and lil' Vader kept hugging his dad's leg.  I wanted Dave (my husband) to take a photo of that (I thought it would have made a great pic) but he was distracted by the unique opportunity to give a storm trooper a book on the history of weaponry. I love his sarcasm...  Unfortunately the photos aren't so great, stupid camera...we need a digital one with lots of mega pixels. As my husband took the photo of me, a few guys we didn't know slithered up next to him and took a few quick photos of me with the troopers...that was weird and uncomfortableĆ¢ā‚¬"But HEY I got my picture taken with storm troopers!!! I really need to get out more.  ;D
...more to come below in another post.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Here's the the trooper reading the book.

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

another...one more after this.

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Elizur

Very cool pics.  The turnout looks fantastic, I think there are more costumed people there than at the Dallas Sci Fi con a few months ago.

I love that stuff, cool to see you have a good B & N near you.

Rico

Awesome stuff Jen.  Looks like a great time!  Thanks for sharing.    :kewlpics

Bryancd

Darkmolerman

and YOU didejn't dress up? I thought you were a anomaly! naw naw just kidden
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

moyer777

Very fun!  Thanks for the cool pics!  :yoda

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Darkmolerman

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Jen

Are you questioning my coolness padawan?    ;D
The mere fact that I was in the general vicinity of a single fan dressed in a custom-made Star Wars costume, and I was actually excited about it, makes me an Anomaly.  :D

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

lol in holloween i am near tons of vaders and other people dressed up...so really that makes everyone an anomaly! see my logic? well live long and prosper LOL and yse you are an anomaly!