• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Legend of the Seeker (Spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 29, 2008, 10:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

This weeks episode was pretty good. I was glad to see they got away from the bad guys capture the Seeker, Seeker is tortured and beat up, and Kahlan and Zed rescue the Seeker. That was getting old especially if you watch several episodes in a row like we have. The slow motion photography gets on my nerves a little bit too. The best character on the show is Zed so far. I'm just afraid that the plots for this type of story can become very repetitive and limited. I'll be very surprised if this show gets renewed.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Ktrek on January 31, 2009, 08:00:14 AM
This weeks episode was pretty good. I was glad to see they got away from the bad guys capture the Seeker, Seeker is tortured and beat up, and Kahlan and Zed rescue the Seeker. That was getting old especially if you watch several episodes in a row like we have. The slow motion photography gets on my nerves a little bit too. The best character on the show is Zed so far. I'm just afraid that the plots for this type of story can become very repetitive and limited. I'll be very surprised if this show gets renewed.

Kevin

Always a ray of sunshine you are Kevin.  :biggrin

Luckily it's in syndication and ratings, though they play a part are not as important if it was a network show.

Geekyfanboy

"Legend of the Seeker" Renewed
January 28, 2009 by Michael Hickerson   || Category: TV

The legend will continue...well, at least to a second season.

"The Legend of the Seeker," which is based on Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series has been renewed for a second season according to Variety.

The series has delivered solid ratings since it debuted in November and is used by many stations to fill the void left by a lack of programming from the CW on Saturday evenings.

Produced by Sam Raimi, the series is filmed in New Zealand and syndicated by Disney-ABC Domestic Television. The series runs on Tribune Broadcasting stations.

Ktrek

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 31, 2009, 09:40:42 AM
"Legend of the Seeker" Renewed
January 28, 2009 by Michael Hickerson   || Category: TV

The legend will continue...well, at least to a second season.

As I said I would be very surprised! ....I'm surprised!   :jawdrop

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

dataskatt

Just wondering what folks on the forums think about Legend of the Seeker? I haven't read the books, but my friend and I have been enjoying the show a lot! I hope it gets renewed.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Geekyfanboy

We have a thread on this series.. going to merge it.

Rico

Still really liking the show a lot.  Lately the episodes have been very interesting and different.  Enjoying the series and happy about another season.

X

Love the show. Love the books. They are nothing alike.

Geekyfanboy

Hmmm finally watched the last episode yesterday for the season... great way to end the series.. but it was picked up for another season.. not sure what they are going to do next. Guess they are really pulling away from the books. What did you guys think of the finale?

X

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on June 02, 2009, 05:08:48 PM
Hmmm finally watched the last episode yesterday for the season... great way to end the series.. but it was picked up for another season.. not sure what they are going to do next. Guess they are really pulling away from the books. What did you guys think of the finale?
Well, in the books, Darken Raul wasn't the only threat. There are still a ton of threats out there if the take from the books. I do know that they changed a lot of the books, but if it wasn't for the show, I wouldn't have read them.

Rico

I'm glad they actually finished up with the Darken Raul part.  I hate it when the bad guy constantly gets away.  I thought the season finale was awesome.  Very well done and interesting.  This show has been a lot better than I expected at the start.  And the scenery and the way it is filmed is simply beautiful.  One of the prettiest shows on the air - especially if you can see it in HD like I can. 

Yes - there are many more threats to Richard, Kahlan, Zed, and the lands than Darken Raul.  This was just the beginning.   

dataskatt

I really enjoyed this show. I can definitely see the Sam Rami influence. It is going to be hard to keep this show fresh though. It could easily get repetitive if they are not careful. I think the Season Finale was great! Interesting idea done well. ;)
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Geekyfanboy

Season 1 is on DVD today.. can't wait to get it..

Feathers

I'm about five episodes from the end of season one (managing to watch an episode most nights) and I'm certainly in for the duration. Having said that, watching it in compressed time has left me in a little confusion over how long this season is supposed to have taken in 'story time'.

In what would only have been about 17 weeks (real time) Richard has gone from unassuming woodsman to quite a fighter (taking out a number of enemy, single handed in a brawl while undercover). I understand that the Sword gives him some superiority in battle but, even without it, he seems to have come a long way in quite a short time.

Don't misunderstand, I love this show (not least because my wife seems to be secretly watching it too, she makes suitable comments at all the appropriate parts), I was just wondering if I'd got a false impression due to the quick way in which I'm watching it.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

spaltor

I had the same reaction when I watched this show.  Of course, I watched both seasons in about a month and a half.  But it did seem like some things just happened *too* fast in Season 1.  Although I guess they did have a lot of material to get through.