Oh, Galileo...

Started by Poodyglitz, May 30, 2011, 06:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poodyglitz

I was so happy to see that someone has appropriated the original TOS Galileo shuttlecraft exterior model and restored it (bottom of the page):

http://www.startrekpropauthority.com/2008/10/galileo-shuttlecraft.html

I used to see it when I was a kid just sitting outside in my neighborhood and even tried to climb in with a friend. I was saddened when I saw how it practically rotted. Now someone has restored it. I wish I was that person. :-)

Thank you, whoever you are.

Rico

Yeah, I think I posted something about this at some point too.  Amazing now to think of how many fans would love to have a crack at restoring a valuable piece of Trek history like that.  Glad someone who cares about it finally did just that.

Bryancd

As I recall from a lengthy RPF thread a while ago on this, no one is sure where the Galileo currently is or who actually owns it. I know some RPF'ers were actively looking for it.

turtlesrock

^^ mysterious... :shocked

WillEagle

That was cool to look at. Thanks for posting Darmok.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Rico on May 30, 2011, 06:35:54 AM
Yeah, I think I posted something about this at some point too.  Amazing now to think of how many fans would love to have a crack at restoring a valuable piece of Trek history like that.  Glad someone who cares about it finally did just that.

If I were to have regrets in life, one of them would be not being able to obtain it back in the 70's, when it was in decent shape.

Bryancd

Quote from: Darmok on May 31, 2011, 09:36:12 AM
Quote from: Rico on May 30, 2011, 06:35:54 AM

If I were to have regrets in life, one of them would be not being able to obtain it back in the 70's, when it was in decent shape.

From what i understand, the junkyard was never willing to sell it, apparently a lot of collectors tried to get it out of there. Reminds me of the story of Bruce the shark from Jaws.