Warehouse 13 spinoff with HG Wells

Started by Rico, May 12, 2011, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I'd give it a try...

On the success of the original series, the cable network is readying a show about Wells as a free agent.
Syfy is developing a spin-off of its popular Warehouse 13 dramedy series.
The project, from Warehouse showrunner Jack Kenny, will center on the character of H.G. Wells.
While it is still in the early stages and thus subject to change, the idea is to put Wells in a 1890s steampunk environment. Despite Warehouse 12's efforts to recruit her, she would remain a free agent who uses her knowledge of contemporary science to solve murders and other mysteries.
In this incarnation, she would enlist the help of a mechanical engineer and utilize her relationship with the police commissioner to solve what appear to be unsolvable cases. Both the skills and style she employs will become the framework for the well-known stories of H.G. Wells, as written by her brother.
The project comes months after Kenny, who is a writer as well as executive producer on the original Warehouse, signed a development deal with producer Universal Cable Productions. 
Warehouse 13 is the most watched original series in the cable net's history with an average of 3.4 million viewers tuning in last season. It will return for its third season on July 11.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/syfy-prepping-warehouse-13-spinoff-188019

Dangelus

ElfManDan

Huh, maybe it could work, but I never liked HG Wells that much as a character. She was fine on the show, but I don't know. I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Dangelus

I'm hoping they will fit in with the chronology and continuity of Warehouse 13. It would be annoying if they don't.

ElfManDan

If it's done by the same people who make Warehouse then they'll probably keep it to continuity. Otherwise I don't know. I don't like to speculate much without knowing the details.

bevs_plaything

Wow, that is good news!  I quite liked the character of H.G. Wells. :)

Feathers

I assume we're talking about the same actress here? She was good in Hustle and as good in this so I'll certainly be watching if it happens. Steampunk in just about every sense of the word.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Yeah, I would expect they use the same actress (Jamie Murray).  I liked her in "Dexter" a lot too.

WillEagle

This could be interesting. Her character grew on me the more she was on Warehouse 13.