• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

The Sarah Connor Chronicles - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 29, 2006, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Sarah Connor Chronicles Gets the Green Light
Source: Variety August 29, 2006

Warner Bros. TV has set David Nutter to direct the pilot for "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," prompting Fox Broadcasting to officially greenlight production on the "Terminator"-themed project.

Nutter, whose last 12 pilots have all been picked up to series, also will serve as executive producer. Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures, which produced the most recent "Terminator" feature, is producing with Warner Bros. TV.

Fox made a put pilot commitment to "Connor" last fall, picking up the script from executive producer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds). Kassar and Vajna will also executive produce.

Casting on "Connor" will begin immediately, with filming expected to commence early next year in New Mexico.

Nutter -- who directed the pilots of successes such as "Smallville," "Without a Trace" and "Supernatural" -- has a connection with original "Terminator" helmer James Cameron, having directed the pilot for Cameron's Fox series "Dark Angel."

The new installment in the "Terminator" franchise revolves around Connor and her savior son, John Connor. The series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, when the character went on the run.

Darth Gaos

So will this be Post-T2, Pre-T3?  If so then we know that she will end up dying....am I remembering T3 correctly?

Still sounds like a kick a$$ series that I will give a chance.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Rico

Neat idea.  Hope they do a good job with it.

Geekyfanboy

Lena Headey is Sarah Connor!
Source: Variety November 8, 2006

Lena Headey (Imagine Me & You) has landed the plum leading role in the Fox pilot "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," reports Variety.

The project, from Warner Bros. TV, continues the "Terminator" movie franchise storyline by focusing on Sarah and her 15-year-old son John, as they fight attackers from the future in present-day Los Angeles.

Headey takes over the role made famous by Linda Hamilton in the first two "Terminator" films. Josh Friedman will write and David Nutter is set to direct the pilot.

Headey's credits include the features The Brothers Grimm, The Cave and Ripley's Game. She next stars in Warner Bros.' 300.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jen

Hummm, Interesting...
What do you think Kenny? Had you heard of David Nutter before this announcement? Is he a good director? I never really enjoyed the Terminator movies, but then I wasn't really into Battlestar until I watched the new series on the Sci-Fi channel. Now I'm a big fan. If the new Terminator series is comparable to Battlestar, as far as writting and the effects are concerned, I might check it out. Otherwise...not so much. :-\
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Yeah David Nutter has done quite a bit of TV and quite a bit of Sci Fi Fantasy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0638354/

I think he's a good choice for creating a TV version of a huge Terminator universe. I think this is a wait and see type of thing. I mean it's only a pilot. Hundreds of pilots are made every year and we only hear about a few of them and even less get picked up for a series. This is different because it's taking a much loved movie series and downsizing it to TV.

I enjoyed all the Terminator movies and hope this pilot does well enough to get pick up for a series. I'll give it a chance.

Jen

All true. :)  Thanks for the info.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff

I am hoping this will turn out good, as it does sound like an interesting premise. Since it will deal with something familar, will hopefully mean that if good, it will get a lot of people interested.

Darth Gaos

After T2 why, exactly, did Sarah and John have to go on the run?  I forget.  I personally would like a series that is post T3...John Connors rise to power etc.....of course then the title "Sarah Connor Chronicles" wouldn't be quite fitting would it.  I would the post apocalyptic storyline far more interesting.  I will check it out but I am going in with low expectations.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Fox Finds Their John Connor
Posted by Sam on Thursday, 7 Dec 20061 Comment so far...Fox, the network that generally cuts anything SF after two or three episodes, has found their John Connor for the upcoming Terminator weekly series “The Sarah Connor Chronicles.”

Thomas Dekker, isn’t new to the genre scene and shouldn’t be a total stranger to SF fans. He is Claire’s friend Zach on NBC’s mega-hit “Heroes.” He has also done stints on non-genre work such as “7th Heaven” and “House.” For the real SF trivia buff…what Star Trek series and which Star Trek movie did Dekker appear in? He also was the recipient of the Young Artists Award in the category for Best Performance On a Television Series for his appearance in two episodes of “Boston Public.”

So, at least now we know that John won’t be a tiny tot on the series. In fact, the series’ action picks up after the events depicted in “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” and follows Sarah Connor (Lena Headey), a modern-day warrior and protective single mom to 15-year-old son John (Dekker).

Rico

I'm really hoping they do a good job on this.  It would be great to have more details on the Terminator universe that they never had time for in the movies.

Geekyfanboy

Lena Headey, the lead in the new scifi television show “The Sarah Connor Chronicles” revealed that “Firefly/Serenity” actress Summer Glau will be one of two Terminator robots in the weekly series. She made her remarks at this weekend’s WonderCon held in San Francisco, CA.

Glau will play a female Terminator named Cameron (after franchise creator James Cameron), the other Terminator is a male starring Owain Yeoman. Heady indicated that one Terminator is out to protect the Connors and the other has been sent to destroy them. She would not reveal which was good and which was the bad robot.

“We were in Albuquerque for a month. And it was very intense, because TV is crazy,” commented Heady. “I mean, it’s long days. It’s like boom, boom, boom. You don’t get any respite. But, I think it’s going to be great. I don’t know if its going to be picked up, because it’s only in pilot stage right now. But I learned to shoot many weapons and how to recognize a Terminator. So it was a good experience.”

Rico

I hope Summer is the good robot.  I have trouble seeing her as bad.  Plus that would probably mean more screen time.

Geekyfanboy

Dekker Looks Forward To Connor

Thomas Dekker, who stars as John Connor in the newly picked-up Fox series The Sarah Connor Chronicles, told SCI FI Wire that he will have a new take on the character played successively by Edward Furlong and Nick Stahl in the Terminator films. "Obviously, I don't want to ignore what's already there, but where our story is in the pilot is very different from where John's story was in the films," Dekker said in an interview at the Saturn Awards in Universal City, Calif., last week. "So I tried to infuse the right parts of him, but really try and invent my own character at the same time. It's quite a difficult balance."

SCI FI Wire spoke to Dekker a day before Fox announced that it would be picking up the series for the fall season. He said that no matter what the network decided, he would always value the experience of filming the pilot. "I'm just honored to have done the pilot," he said. "To be in such good company with the other actors who've played this part. It's a great responsibility, I feel, to do it right. And whether it goes or not, it's been an honor either way. But if it does, I know that no one will be disappointed. It's head and shoulders above what people are expecting, I think."

After two months of filming in New Mexico, Dekker formed a close bond with co-star Lena Headey, who takes over Linda Hamilton's role as Sarah Connor, the mother of future resistance leader John Connor. It's a relationship he's looking forward to continuing as the series goes on. "That's probably the biggest gift of doing the pilot, was Lena and I became literally inseparable," he said. "We're so close. And I can think of nothing better than working with her every day. She's British and all my family is British, and so I'm there all the time. It's a good bond."

Geekyfanboy

Fox Sets Chronicles For Midseason

Fox announced May 18 that it will wait until next January to premiere the Terminator-inspired drama The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which will air Sundays at 9 p.m. Fox entertainment president Peter Ligouri made the announcement at the network's up-front presentation for advertisers in New York, and noted that the series will air in the timeslot once dominated by The X-Files. Chronicles will air uninterrupted until the end of the season in May. Based on the characters introduced in the Terminator films, the series stars Lena Headey in the title role and Thomas Dekker as her son, John Connor, the future leader of the human rebellion against an army of machines.