• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

ST Phase II - "Enemy: Starfleet!"

Started by Rico, April 17, 2011, 05:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

New episode is finally up from the Phase II folks!  See it on Youtube below or use the link.

"Enemy: Starfleet!" (written by Dave Galanter and Patty Wright, based on a story by Galanter and Greg Brodeur) is the seventh full-length episode produced by the Star Trek Phase II production team.

Veteran actress and Star Trek alumna Ms. BarBara Luna ("Marlena Moreau" in the Star Trek original series episode "Mirror, Mirror") joins the cast of "Enemy: Starfleet!" as "Alersa," a space terrorist leading a faction of alien aggressors who steal a starship and reverse engineer it, to create a marauding fleet–an "enemy Starfleet." Featuring special guest star Paul R. Sieber as Kyril.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/episode_ES_TrekMovie.html

Star Trek Phase 2: "Enemy: Starfleet!"

turtlesrock

why would anyone have starfleet as their enemy?
well i guess they could be enemies of the federation.
hmm....

Dangelus

Looking forward to this. The best Trek fan show out there.

I wish they (or somebody else) would make a TNG era show of this quality.

M-5

I watched it last night and it was really good.

turtlesrock

Quote from: Dangelus on April 17, 2011, 10:34:07 AM
Looking forward to this. The best Trek fan show out there.

I wish they (or somebody else) would make a TNG era show of this quality.
i guess original is just more easy to do. there is a star trek TNG parody that is quite good, i think. a little low tech but good.
STAR TREK TNG THE NEXT GENERATION Spoof (Adam & Joe)

Rico

Just got done watching this.  Pretty good episode.  Some nice space battle work and an interesting plot.  Maybe not quite as strong as the last couple they have done, but still very enjoyable to watch - especially for us big TOS fans.  Here's an image of the Enterprise in dry dock near the end of the episode.

Bryancd

Well...set, prop, and production valu is still high. Effects seem a bit below their own standrards. 200 crew on those tiny ships?! WTF? The performances....Cawley as Kirk is awful. McCoy is good and so was Chekov. Scotty...ugh. And some of the supporting cast leave a lot to be desired. And look, I know it's an all volunteer project, but it is still open to criticism and I think this was a step back for them.

Ktrek

I actually liked the episode. I thought the sfx were quite good and Cawley's performance at times very good. So Bryan and I are not in agreement here. The story was well written and the Barbara Luna role was quite in keeping with a 60s TOS feel. I hope there will be several more episodes in the future.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

turtlesrock

Quote from: Rico on April 17, 2011, 05:28:55 PM
Just got done watching this.  Pretty good episode.  Some nice space battle work and an interesting plot.  Maybe not quite as strong as the last couple they have done, but still very enjoyable to watch - especially for us big TOS fans.  Here's an image of the Enterprise in dry dock near the end of the episode.

it's so pretty!

X

Quote from: Bryancd on April 17, 2011, 06:36:22 PM
Well...set, prop, and production valu is still high. Effects seem a bit below their own standrards. 200 crew on those tiny ships?! WTF? The performances....Cawley as Kirk is awful. McCoy is good and so was Chekov. Scotty...ugh. And some of the supporting cast leave a lot to be desired. And look, I know it's an all volunteer project, but it is still open to criticism and I think this was a step back for them.
I understand what you're saying. He's trying to copy the Shat and doesn't do it well. He would be better off doing like Chris Pine and making the role his own.

Rico

I thought all the acting was pretty much on par with previous entries.  That's just the way James Cawley plays Kirk.  Whether he is imitating or not - that's just his take on it.  I just wasn't as engaged in the plot and story for this one as much as I was for the Sulu or Chekov centric episodes they have done. 

But not to worry, they have several episodes in various phases of production currently.  They also begin work filming a new one this June based on a great Trek short story called "Mind Sifter."  So, plenty more "Phase II" action is on the way. :)

Bryancd

Maybe I misunderstood the line of dialogue in the show, but could someone explain how there could be 200 crew on those little attack ships?! Anyone?! Bueller?!  :confused

Dangelus

I enjoy this show and I take it keeping in mind what they have got to play with in terms of funding etc. The acting could be better but I just can't believe how good the SFX can be.

That being said, they must owe the guy playing Scotty a ton of money or he has some naked pictures of James Crawley because I can't believe he is keeping that role on merit! ;)

jedijeff

I watched this morning, thought the same thing as Bryan, that those ships were a bit small for 200 people. Some of the acting was alright, others need work, but the production values seemed alright to me.

I have to admit I cringed a bit watching the scene with Kirk and the Villain in her quarters, just seemed a bit much with the age differences.