Star Wars - Holiday Special Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 31, 2011, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Is this good news.. or bad news :)

AFTER CONTINUED PUBLIC INTEREST
STAR WARS THE HOLIDAY SPECIAL - ENHANCED EDITION TM
FINALLY COMING TO BLU-RAY NOVEMBER 17TH, 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: One of the most requested Lucasfilm releases ever: Star Wars the Holiday Special - Enhanced Edition TM arrives on Blu-ray. Fans worldwide will be able to pre-order in late September for $29.99 US $34.99 Canadian. Star Wars the Holiday Special - Enhanced Edition TM will also be available as a digital download.

An exclusive autographed edition limited to 1,978 units will be available through www.starwarsshop.com. Signatories include: Ben Burtt, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels and Carrie Fisher.

The first 100 orders placed will also receive a double sided collectors postcard set featuring concept art by Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnston.

Star Wars the Holiday Special - Enhanced Edition TM features the highest possible picture and audio transfers. This release has been substantially re-edited and remastered by Lucasfilm legend Ben Burtt. Star Wars fans will be excited to learn that several minutes of all new digital visual effects have been created for this version: including the replacement of previous visual effects shots originally lifted from Episode IV: A New Hope. Exterior shots on the Wookiee planet of Kashyyyk have been upgraded to reflect its appearance in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The variety segments have also been updated to enhance their appeal to a contemporary audience.

Included with Star Wars the Holiday Special - Enhanced Edition TM is a bonus disc containing more than three hours of special features. Including; deleted scenes and alternate takes, 'Fallen Empire' a 50 minute long documentary containing rare footage, plus cast and crew interviews, many of whom speak candidly about their thoughts on the original special.

Three 8 minute production featurettes have been produced especially for this release:

- 'Inside Nelvana' A visit to the Canadian animation studio during the production of 'The Faithful Wookiee' animated segment

- 'A long time ago' A retrospective on the TV variety shows of the 1970's.

- 'Fabricating fuzzballs' On the challenge of designing and building Chewbacca's family.

Also included is a 48 page book 'The Making of the Holiday Special' showcasing extensive behind the scenes imagery. Further information regarding related merchandising and promotional materials to follow.

Lucasfilm, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & � Lucasfilm.Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Geekyfanboy

Crap.. I just noticed the date on the news article.. April 1st :(

ElfManDan

I wouldn't think George Lucas would ever let this officially be released. I've always had the feeling it's like his mutant creation that went horribly wrong and he just wants to kill it before it can grow.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah but they talked about re-cutting it and re-doing effects.. I can see George doing that.. .they had me hook line and sinker

Dangelus

Oh Kenny! You've lost some geek points for falling for this one! Lol

WillEagle

Bryancd

I saw this this morning as well but I was wise to them. :)

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Dangelus on March 31, 2011, 11:46:24 PM
Oh Kenny! You've lost some geek points for falling for this one! Lol

Hey I have plenty of geek points.. losing a few is no big deal.. and in my defense it was still 3/31 and I really wanted this to be true. :)

Dangelus

KingIsaacLinksr

O_O No, this doesn't need to see the light of day.  ;)

lol

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

I mean, if they really released this what would all the bootleggers sell at cons?  :)