• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

New Blu-Ray contest ideas

Started by Rico, March 15, 2011, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on March 17, 2011, 08:27:19 AM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 17, 2011, 08:17:59 AM
Well I don't think having multiple reviews from the same person would be considered "spamming" but King is correct you can't leave multiple reviews.. only edit your previous review.

It would if someone is trying to harrass the creators of a podcast by leaving multiple one star negative reviews, or artificially inflate the ratings of one they like by leaving multiple five star reviews.  But it's okay Ken, your idea is great!  

First of all I'm not looking for your approval for my contest idea. Second of all you are correct that would be spamming if we did that.. but for this contest purpose I would assume that folks would be leaving 5 stars and positive comments. But it's all a mute point since itunes doesn't allow multiple reviews and the fact that Rico has an idea for a contest.

billybob476

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 17, 2011, 12:01:23 PM
Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on March 17, 2011, 08:27:19 AM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 17, 2011, 08:17:59 AM
Well I don't think having multiple reviews from the same person would be considered "spamming" but King is correct you can't leave multiple reviews.. only edit your previous review.

It would if someone is trying to harrass the creators of a podcast by leaving multiple one star negative reviews, or artificially inflate the ratings of one they like by leaving multiple five star reviews.  But it's okay Ken, your idea is great! 

First of all I'm not looking for your approval for my contest idea. Second of all you are correct that would be spamming if we did that.. but for this contest purpose I would assume that folks would be leaving 5 stars and positive comments. But it's all a mute point since itunes doesn't allow multiple reviews and the fact that Rico has an idea for a contest.

Indeed, if I were a podcaster I'd want as many positive reviews on iTunes as possible :)

Feathers

I just wouldn't be a podcaster!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

billybob476

Quote from: Feathers on March 17, 2011, 01:18:25 PM
I just wouldn't be a podcaster!

I dunno Mike, I think you're almost there....start a podcast...you know you want to... :)

Jobydrone

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 17, 2011, 12:01:23 PM

I think you need to chill out.  Whether you were "looking for my approval" or not doesn't really matter to me but I'm glad to finally know what my opinions mean to you.  

For the record, I thought your contest suggestion was a great idea, and said so.  A terrific way to spur some reviews on iTunes and maybe pick up some new listeners.  I simply pointed out why it wouldn't work for people that have already posted reviews on iTunes.  I wasn't implying that using iTunes reviews in the way you suggested would be spamming.  I was just pointing out what I believed Apple's reason was for only allowing customers to post a single review of a product on iTunes.

Finally, the term is "moot point" not "mute point", a common mistake.

Maybe you should try to take a step back, re-read the thread and realize none of this was personal until you made it so with your hostile post.

I will harbor no hard feelings and still consider you a message board friend and hope you feel the same.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx