• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Wars reboot - could it work?

Started by Dangelus, March 05, 2011, 12:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Quote from: X on March 08, 2011, 01:35:09 PM
Quote from: iceman on March 08, 2011, 01:18:16 PM
I always thought there was nine episodes and he didn't do the last three. Was that Just a rumor.
Yep. it was just a rumor. According to GL the story is done. It was all about Anakin and it reached it's conclusion.

Actually, to be fair, VERY early on Lucas had written and said in a few instances it was a nine story arc once he realized it was impossible to do in one movie, but this was back in the Journal of the Whils days...

Meds

Or once he realised the 'stand alone' film he made was such a success that he really should make more. LOL

Dangelus

Yep there is a magazine interview in which he stated he wanted to do a 9 movie series. Some of them would focus on different aspects such as the Wookies etc.

It's all in the book "The Secret History of Star Wars".

ori-STUDFARM

Rico

I have posted this before, but this is well worth the read.  It's an interview with George Lucas from back in 1977 in Rolling Stone.  Very interesting stuff.

http://starwarz.multiply.com/journal/item/10/1977_Rolling_Stone_George_Lucas_Interview

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

ricdude

Filling in bits would be a great way to add to the franchise: Splinter Of The Minds Eye, anyone? You could also do a great spy/heist movie around the rebel acquisition of the Death Star blueprints.

Altough my favourite "fill in the gaps" story so far has to be the (very) short film "Troops"

ori-STUDFARM

I honestly think the most exciting time is between Rise Of The Sith and A New Hope (or just Star Wars to most of us!)

I loved the Vader's Apprentice storyline used in Force Unleashed. Thats a period of hunting down the old Jedi and the Empire rising....

Would love to see more of this...

Dangelus

Yep. I really don't understand why we have a Clone Wars animation that focussing on such a small part of time. How much story an they really cram in there?

They have these great Old Republic games which would be a fantastic place to set a new movie.

We need prequels to the prequels!

ElfManDan

Quote from: Dangelus on January 07, 2012, 12:34:02 PM
Yep. I really don't understand why we have a Clone Wars animation that focussing on such a small part of time. How much story an they really cram in there?

They have these great Old Republic games which would be a fantastic place to set a new movie.

That is exactly what I've been saying forever. There is so much more they could do and it could dig so much deeper into the mythos.

I'd really really love to see a movie revolving around Revan and the story from the first KOTOR game. There is really so much depth to his character that could be fleshed out.

Dangelus

Exactly. It would be set so far in the past it wouldn't affect anything the current set of movies. It would be a cash cow which I'm sure Lucas wouldnt object to. I guess he really doesn't have the talent to come up with it himself and doesn't want to let go of the reins of the franchise and give somebody else a go.

ElfManDan

Yeah, realistically it's all up to Lucas. He can do whatever or let whoever he wants mess with his universe and he's probably not likely to let anybody else play in his sandbox when it comes to the movies. Even though it has to be said there are some really smart and creative people who are big fans who can make some pretty awesome Star Wars universe stories.

Bryancd

Quote from: Dangelus on January 07, 2012, 12:34:02 PM

Well we get the Clone Wars because it's part and parcel of the story and era GL wants to explore. He has zero interest in life in the Republic 1000 year BBY or in a post ROTJ universe. Hat's not to say he may at some point allow film or TV content be made set in those time frames, but he wouldn't be involved creatively.

Rico

There are also a lot of expanded universe books out there - of course.  They cover a lot of ground too.

ElfManDan

I just hardly have any time to read. But I'm sure most of us have seen these, but watch these and tell me this wouldn't be by far one of the most amazing movie of this decade. I would hope someday we get to see KOTOR on the big screen to go along side the Star Wars we know and love.

Star Wars the old republic return trailer HD