• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Hello from Laconia NH

Started by Zarabeth32, January 22, 2011, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

That is really cool Tyna.  SO nice to have you on this board!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Zarabeth32

Thanks Rick! Looking forward to hearing some new songs! I loved your 12 Days of Trekmas! :biggrin
In honor of my still living father - "I drank what?"

RickPeete

I am pleased to welcome you to the forums!  We have a great community here.

davekill

Jobydrone

Quote from: Zarabeth32 on January 28, 2011, 03:18:08 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I wanted to add something about myself other than that I'm a huge sci-fi fan. I am a special education teacher in NH. This is my first year teaching. It's quite a process. I have about 20 students in elementary school that I work with and it has been challenging though rewarding. Everyone I work with has been very supportive. Every morning I listen to Treks in Sci-Fi so I feel that I've gotten to know you Rico, along with Rick Moyers and and Rick Peete and others. I'm usually smiling or laughing when I listen to the stories and I also feel a part of it too in some way just because of my love for sci-fi that I get to share with others.

I only get a chance to get online once a week.

Thank you so much again for accepting me.

Looking forward to hearing more podcasts!

Tyna

That is so awesome Tyna!  I have worked with adults and children with intellectual disabilities for the last twenty years now.  My first job in the field (jeez way back in 1991 now holy crap I'm old) was in a classroom setting as part of a vocational program in Florida for intellectually disabled adults with behavioral challenges.  Feel free to get in touch any time you might need some support or an empathetic ear, at the very least I know and understand first hand the kind of challenges you face daily as well as those of your students!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Feathers

Wow, I'm late to this thread. Welcome anyway! :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Zarabeth32

Thanks for the welcome anyway!  ;D
In honor of my still living father - "I drank what?"