• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Is Starhunter worth a look?

Started by davekill, January 12, 2011, 07:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

Has anyone seen the sci-fi series "Starhunter"?

The reviews are both hot and cold, some people compare it to Firefly others say it's low budget cheez whiz.
The plot sounds interesting.

"a reluctant bounty hunter haunted by his past, who, along with his crew, travels the universe in pursuit of dangerous interplanetary criminals, including The Raiders--an evil force that he believes kidnapped his son.

Geekyfanboy

I've never even heard of this series.. what network/channel is on?

billybob476

I vaguely remember this show, it was on the Space channel here. It was of about the same budget and writing quality as Hercules, Cleopatra 2525 and the like. A bit campy, nothing I recall paying a ton of attention to.

Rico

I've only seen a little bit of it so I can't really make a good call.  I know it was fairly low budget and I think starred Michael Pare. 

Vartok

Rico, I have the first season DVD series and have watched about six or so episodes.  The production value isn't too bad, sometimes it's just a few sets and some outdoor work.  The biggest negative I have is about the main star or captain of the ship who is the bounty hunter.  He just seems too wooden for an actor.   I rate it about a 5 on a scale of 10.  Since the holidays I have a backlog of DVDs to watch and this one is at the bottom of the pile now.   Have to remember it came out some time ago and was fairly low budget.  It is documented on Wikipedia here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starhunter

The DVD box set says entire series but in truth only has season 1 of 2 (FYI).  I am about "due" to provide another Vartok segment, say the word and I will do a summary of this show.

V

Rico

Sure, feel free to send in an audio segment on this or anything you want anytime Vartok.