• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

2011 Resolutions?

Started by Rico, January 01, 2011, 02:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

So, anyone make any?  I've never really been big on this.  But curious if anyone does this (or has in the past).

X

Can't. 20 or so years ago, I resolved to never make another resolution on New Years. I've been keeping that one pretty well.

Bryancd

Yeah, I don't do resolutions. :)

Pyrovile

Reavers!

Geekyfanboy

I use to make them when I was younger but never followed through so I would always get depressed because I would failed.. but as I got older I realized that if I don't make any I can't fail at any of them.. so I don't make them anymore. :)

RickPeete

I don't usually make them either.  I hate the word 'resolution' anyway.  But I decided to write down a few goals for 2011 -- ome of which is to revive my attempt at blogging.  So I posted my goals for 2011 on the blog site. Lol

Rickpeete.blogspot.com -- but only if you are bored.  Before today, my last post was in 2009.  Fail!

iceman

My resolution is not to make any that way they cant be broken

jedijeff

In the past I tried, but on things I even wanted to keep up, like Hobby Stuff, I would always break. I think like Rick P, I might have a few goals for the year based of my feelings from the past few years.

davekill

Good topic.

I only set goals for the new year too.
Christmas and New Years has always been a time of reflection for me.

One year my goal was to quite smoking -
My motivation to quit was that I got winded just climbing a flight of stairs.

This year my goal is to lose weight -
because once again I get winded just climbing a flight of stairs.
I will succeed because I did before.
My mistake was once I reached my goal - I thought I was done.

But I'm not strong enough to make a resolution, that's pretty serious.

It takes courage to make a formal resolution, but people still do.
The smart ones (or court ordered) find strength in the support of a group.

Long before Firefly there was "The Serenity Prayer" ;)
(Some people prefer to recognize God as the higher power of the group.)

"God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

I like it - it's short, sweet, and to point.

So for all you brave souls who set out with a resolution this year - may you find the courage and serenity in your resolve.

Feathers

No, sorry, nothing here either. Heaven knows there's lots of changes in life I need to make but resolutions get me nowhere so I don't bother.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

ElfManDan

I decided this next year I want to be awesome. Least I'll try to be. I do want to get my script done this next month or two. I always have a goal in mind. I don't need New Years to make me set goals for myself.

I guess if anything I'm setting a goal to get my blue belt in Jiu Jitsu this year.

spaltor

I try to commit to projects rather than make resolutions.  (Although I did resolve to be more active on forums...)  But a friend recently told me about something called Project 365.  The goal is to document life and get more comfortable with your camera by taking a photo every day for a year.  I was in Disney World for NYE, so that was an easy start.  We'll see how it goes.

There's an article about it here, that's probably more explanatory that I can be:
http://content.photojojo.com/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day/

But there's an official site - 365project.org - that let's you create an account and you can have a feed similar to twitter with your photos.  I'm at www.365project.org/spaltor