• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Dollhouse" - season 2 - possible spoilers

Started by Rico, September 25, 2009, 05:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KC

Last night's episode blew my mind! I'm pretty much speechless. [spoiler]The biggest surprise was definitely the realization that Boyd is the head of Rossum! I'm so used to Joss having a distinct character that serves as the patriarch of the make-shift family of his shows and Boyd seemed to serve that trope. And now it's like Dollhouse just destroyed that image and put me in shock. Well played, Team Dollhouse. Well played. :)[/spoiler] And I think I have a tiny crush on Fran Kranz as Topher. ;)

X

While this is not a spoiler, I thought I would hide my speculations because they contain information from last night.
[spoiler] I think that Boyd isn't the bad guy. I think that the people that were initially investing in the company used took it over and have been corrupting the technology. I think that Boyd needed Echo to see if they could build a better brain that would not be subject or that could recover from the more negative effects of the technology. They needed someone that could survive taking any imprint and still be around. For lack of a better word, they needed an echo. Something that would come back even after the source was gone. [/spoiler]

Serenity

Just awesome!!   Can't wait to see what Joss has got up his sleeve.

Rico

Quite a group of final episodes, and last night's finale was very good.  A fitting way to end the series.  Again, Joss was ahead of his time and I predict "Dollhouse" will gain a following like "Firefly" did in the coming years.  Really, a great series and some amazing performances.

Feathers

The back end to the season has just started over here (OK, three weeks ago but I've only just seen the first one).

Very interesting stuff is all I can say. If the rest plough on at this pace it's going to be quite an intense season end.  I could also wish that they'd all played out this way.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Feathers

X

I don't think this Dollhouse will ever gain a cult following. There are just too many episodes that you could do without. Another problem I had was the ending. Unless you bought the DVDs, you had no real clue what any of that was about and it took my wife, who had watched every episode on tv, out of it a I had to explain who people were and what they were doing.

I really don't think it was the smartest move for a finale. It might have rewarded the fans that bought the DVDs, but it sort of shafted the fans that were there week to week for every episode.

Feathers

I assume the ending relate to Epitaph I in some way then? If that's the case then I agree that you're in an interesting position in the US in that it was straight to DVD. Internationally, however, (or at least over here) it aired along with the rest of the 1st season so the folks who've watched week by week should have seen it.

Feathers

Wow! I see what people mean about Victor playing Topher!

Whoever that actor is, he'n not being paid enough on this show!

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on February 05, 2010, 05:16:16 AM
Wow! I see what people mean about Victor playing Topher!

Whoever that actor is, he'n not being paid enough on this show!

Yep - more to come too.  ;)

Geekyfanboy

Dollhouse has been gone from television for several months now, but as a special surprise  as some of the cast and crew (including Maurissa Tancharoen, Fran Kranz and Dichen Lachman) have gotten together to give us another gem. The song, "Remains", from the season one finale "Epitaph One" now has an official music video. Unless I'm wrong this is also a hidden Easter egg on the season 2 dvd just released today. Enjoy.

Remains - Official Music Video

spaltor

So, I missed Dollhouse when it was airing somehow, and just finished watching the whole series (thank you, Netflix streaming).  WOW!  What a great show!  I'd heard that it was probably the most cerebral of Joss's shows, and it got really, really interesting.  I'm glad they let him wrap up the story (although there was probably a lot more to tell) after it was clear that the show was being canceled.

Rico

Yep - awesome series.  Really ahead of it's time I think.  There is a comic book series starting up soon and I think Joss is involved in the comic to some degree like he was with the Buffy comic.

Feathers

In hindsight (if I haven't already said this) I think it started off a little slower than it might have done. The few standalone stories at the front end of season one probably didn't do it any favours in terms of grabbing numbers. Later on, however...is there a chance it got too clever for a mainstream audience?