• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Tis the Season - for beards

Started by davekill, December 20, 2010, 08:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

Back before I was even "knee high to a grasshopper", my Pop entered the local Whiskereno Beard growing contest...and won!

Thirty-odd years later - just for my own amusement I gave it a try too.

Well, I made dogs bark and the children cry, my wife even threatened to leave if I didn't stop.
And I did - when I had finally matched my pop.

It was all worth the price to pay - when I presented him this picture
and to see him smile on his birthday :)

His was black as coal and mine a rusty red (now is turning grey)

http://whiskerino.org/2007/about/

Geekyfanboy

That's AWESOME.. don't think I could ever let my beard grow that long.. but good job.

Rico

Holy cow!  How long did it take to grow it out that much Dave?  That would drive me crazy. 

QuadShot

Meds

Gotta love a good beard and that is a great beard :)

davekill

Quote from: Rico on December 21, 2010, 10:13:37 AM
Holy cow!  How long did it take to grow it out that much Dave?  That would drive me crazy. 

Six months -  always keep a short beard, so I had a good head start.
At the time, I was the same age as he (36) in the picture.

Bromptonboy

I have red hair, and for some reason my beard (when I let it go out during a 3-week bike tour) is blond.  The mixing of red & blond gave me uncomfortable memories of Dr Zaius (old school one who starred with Charlton Heston) - so off it came right away.

;)
Pete

Feathers

Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 22, 2010, 02:25:09 PM
I have red hair, and for some reason my beard (when I let it go out during a 3-week bike tour) is blond.  The mixing of red & blond gave me uncomfortable memories of Dr Zaius (old school one who starred with Charlton Heston) - so off it came right away.

;)

I think someone needs a new avatar image :D

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

Yeah my beard (when I am allowed to let it grow in) is all kinds of crazy colors, brown, blond, red it's a virtual kaleidoscope.

davekill

Quote from: billybob476 on December 23, 2010, 05:55:19 AM
Yeah my beard (when I am allowed to let it grow in) is all kinds of crazy colors, brown, blond, red it's a virtual kaleidoscope.

Now that would be cool!