• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by Jobydrone, August 05, 2006, 11:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

My name is Joby and I'm just stopping by to introduce myself.  I've been listening to the podcast now for four or five months, and I am a big fan.  I've really enjoyed the last couple full episode commentaries, and I'm looking forward to more as Rico becomes more comfortable and more adept at them.  Commentaries are the features that were sorely missed, at least by me, on the TOS and TNG DVD sets, so Rico's will be filling a real need on some of these classic episodes.

I'd like to suggest for something new to the podcast: a regular, short segment on Star Trek book reviews.  I know Rico has said that he doesn't often have time to read the ST novels, but I wouldn't be surprised if some forum member wouldn't be willing to record short, maybe three to five minute segments every couple weeks or so reviewing recent or even classic Star Trek novels.  I know it's something at least I would enjoy listening to. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Picard_delta_5

Hey Joby, welcome aboard... thats a pretty good idea about the books... I'd enjoy that too... There are a few forum members (Jen) here who read the Trek Novels so that would probably work out pretty well...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Bryancd

Howdy Joby :). Yeah, I agree, there are so many different Trek book series which are definatley worthy of discussion. There's also a seperate Book Forum here you can check out.

Fanboy

Welcome aboard bud.  I don't get much time to read these days, but book reviews might encourage me!  ;)
"I aim to misbehave."

Jobydrone

I've read alot of them...one of my favorites is Dark Mirror, the TNG foray into the Mirror Universe before DS9 did their episodes, I think.  Probably I'm wrong about that.  I also love the Peter David Q books and the Imzadi books.  The recent "A Time To XXX" series is pretty good too.  Fans of STX: Nemesis would definitely be interested in some of the cool info in those books explaining alot of the , shall we call them...inconsistencies in the script of that movie. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Welcome Joby.  Always glad to see another Trek fan and reader here.  I'd be more than happy to have some book reviews as part of the podcast.  I used to read most of the new Trek novels that came out, but time seems less these days.  Plus the number of novels coming out really started to grow and was hard to keep up with.  I do still read a lot and do slip in a Trek book now and then.  I would welcome anyone that would like to send in some audio of a book review.  Probably something around 5 minutes would be good - give or take.  As always, the email to send clips in to is:  treksf@gmail.com

Again, thanks for the suggestion and welcome to the forums.

Picard_delta_5

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on August 07, 2006, 08:49:49 PM
Fans of STX: Nemesis would definitely be interested in some of the cool info in those books explaining alot of the , shall we call them...inconsistencies in the script of that movie. 

what do u mean by that? what inconsistencies?

Jobydrone

Quote from: Picard_delta_5 on August 09, 2006, 11:05:19 PM
what do u mean by that? what inconsistencies?

Well, one example is Wesley Crusher's mysterious appearance at Will and Deanna's wedding wearing a Starfleet Lieutenant's Uniform.  Another is Mr. Worf's presence on the Enterprise, barely even acknowledged that he had been away on DS9.  Another is Data's emotion chip...what happened to it?  Is it broken, removed, or what?  All these things and more are addressed and explained in the "TIme to xxx" novels.

Riskygodfather

A, very interesting, I always wondered what happened to his chip. Very interesting. Anyway, welcome aboard, it's great here.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Picard_delta_5

yeah, wes was there... whats up with that?

in regards to data, i just assumed that he had everything working, and that it was either on, or off... whatever he preferred...

and worf, he was in insurrection, so i didnt pay any attention to the fact that he was in Nemesis... infact, i would have found it more inconsistent if he hadnt been in Nemesis...