• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Dreamhost - site status

Started by Rico, October 22, 2010, 05:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

As Kenny and some others may have noticed, the site was unavailable last night for a short time.  Almost any time this happens (which is not often), it is a hosting issue with Dreamhost.  I thought I'd post a couple links that you can check to see what's going on and the status of things.  So, if you have trouble accessing the forum or main site, check these links.  Obviously bookmark them and follow them on Twitter now, so you will have that in the future if you need it.  Sorry for the brief outage.

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/

http://twitter.com/dhstatus

Geekyfanboy

Thanks for the update Rico

I feel lost without my Treksf forums :)

QuadShot

I cried for about an hour straight! It was horrible!!!! :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Ahh, I thought it was my internet, till I tried my iPhone and it still blocked me :(.  But all is well.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Had a little Dreamhost issue this morning.  If you bookmark the above links they can usually tell you what's up if the site is down.  Here's what happened this morning....

As of 8am PST, we have been experienced connectivity issues in our Downtown Los Angeles datacenter. The other datacenters aren't affected. Our system administration and datacenter operation team was engaged right away and promptly restored some of the services. Our network engineers are also looking into the problem, and we are continuing to fix up remaining issues and investigate possible causes.

Update Jan 30th, 10:15am PST: Our sincere apologies for the intermittent network outage this morning especially coming on the heels of the downtime experienced yesterday. All services have been restored.

We've investigated the cause of the network outage and determined that a distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack severely impaired a network link between our border and core routers. We have DDOS mitigation systems in place, but given the increase in activity in 2012, we'd already been testing new more powerful systems to implement within the next month. We'll be accelerating this implementation.

We will be scheduling an 8pm PST emergency network maintenance window tonight to make some network configuration changes that will mitigate against DDOS attacks in the short term.

Please contact support for any further assistance needed. We will be creating a separate status post for the maintenance window tonight. – Ralph

QuadShot

So is this a new attack or still the results of the one recently?

Rico

Quote from: QuadShot on January 30, 2012, 02:12:58 PM
So is this a new attack or still the results of the one recently?

New.