• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Trek Vegas Convention

Started by Blackride, February 05, 2010, 07:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackride

Quote from: Bryancd on August 16, 2010, 05:12:36 PM
Great stuff! Some definite fan made TOS props in there, but the later stuff looks authentic.

None of that is fan made at all. That's all authentic screen used items.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Bryancd

The TOS Tricorder, Communicator, and Phaser aren't. There are only a few verified one's in existence and none of them made it into the Experience, they are in private hands. Some items were built and used in DS9 and can be called screen used. Come on over to the RPF and you can learn a lot about props.

Blackride

Quote from: Bryancd on August 16, 2010, 05:31:12 PM
The TOS Tricorder, Communicator, and Phaser aren't. There are only a few verified one's in existence and none of them made it into the Experience, they are in private hands.

Those were screen used. They were for the DS9 episodes.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Bryancd

Quote from: Blackride on August 16, 2010, 05:32:08 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on August 16, 2010, 05:31:12 PM
The TOS Tricorder, Communicator, and Phaser aren't. There are only a few verified one's in existence and none of them made it into the Experience, they are in private hands.

Those were screen used. They were for the DS9 episodes.

Opps! You posted that as I was just saying the same thing! They were designed by fans and used by production.

Blackride

I am on the RPF. I collect props and wardrobe from Alien and other sci-fi flicks. At some point it gets really expensive though and I need to back off :)

Bryancd

Quote from: Blackride on August 16, 2010, 05:39:13 PM
I am on the RPF. I collect props and wardrobe from Alien and other sci-fi flicks. At some point it gets really expensive though and I need to back off :)

What ALIEN stuff do you have? I love ALIEN.

Bryancd

As you have original prop cred, I used to get so frustrated at The Experience when they tried to display some of this stuff as original.

Blackride

Quote from: Bryancd on August 16, 2010, 05:49:00 PM
As you have original prop cred, I used to get so frustrated at The Experience when they tried to display some of this stuff as original.

Unfortunately I missed the Experience, but yeah, that would not be cool. There is allot of fake stuff on EBay also that drives me up a wall. I just stick with reputable sellers/dealers.

Those bridge chairs are from the experience and so is the Borg one. You can tell because they are beat to hell!