• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

The 7 New SYFY Channel Shows

Started by beer, August 02, 2010, 02:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer

If I'm understanding correctly, these are in the works...

(from blastr.com ... )

BALL & CHAIN

After months of emotional tumult, Edgar and Mallory call their relationship quits. As they say their final goodbyes, the ex-lovers are nearly hit by a meteorite that, it turns out, imbues them with extraordinary powers. Unfortunately, the powers only work when they are in close proximity to each other. Though the last thing they want to do is stay together, they'll need to try if they hope to overcome the newly arrived other-worldly forces that threaten to destroy them and anyone else who gets in the way.

Executive Producers: Bob Cooper and J.J. Jamieson for Landscape Entertainment

Executive Producer/Writer: Andrew Miller

Studios: A Universal Cable Productions/Fremantle Media co-production

ME AND LEE

In this 1/2-hour single-camera series, a down-on-his-luck 20-something undergoes back surgery, only to find that the procedure did not go well. Enter Lee Majors, who claims he has the perfect solution. He entices the young man into his ultra high-tech lab and makes him bionic. Now intrinsically bound together, Majors tries helping his new partner get his life back on track.

Executive Producers/Writers: Matthew Salzberg and Jenji Kohan

Executive Producer: Steven Pearl

Studio: Lionsgate

ORION

National Treasure meets Firefly in this swashbuckling space opera about an adventurous female relic hunter and her team as they hunt down -- and sometimes steal -- valuable and powerful objects to sell on the black market, all while staying one step ahead of the bounty hunters hot on their heels.

Co-Executive Producers/Writers: Dirk Blackman & Howard McCain

Co-Executive Producers: George Krstic & Ryuhei Kitamura

Supervising Producer: F.J. Desanto

Studio: Universal Cable Productions

SHERWOOD

In this "Robin Hood" story for the 23rd century, a young man of privilege teams up with a misfit spaceship crew to right the wrongs of his family.

Writer: Damian Kindler

Executive Producers: Damian Kindler, Martin Wood, and Amanda Tapping for My Plastic Badgers Productions

LEGENDARY

A 1/2-hour single-camera series in which Kevin Sorbo plays an exaggerated version of himself ... a former syndicated television series star. When a fan approaches Sorbo to enlist his skills in combating the underworld mythological creatures that threaten to destroy Los Angeles, an unlikely partnership is formed. Together, they use their intimate knowledge of the myths of Hercules to defeat a myriad of beasts.

Executive Producer: David Eick

Supervising Producers/Writers: Adam Karp & Royal McGraw

Producer: Kevin Sorbo

HUMAN RELATIONS

The Office meets Men in Black in this project featuring an office Temp who slowly discovers that his off-kilter and odd-ball bosses at the strange hi-tech "ad agency" where he works are really aliens working on a plan to destroy the Earth.

Co-Executive Producer/Writer: Scott Prendergast

Executive Producers: Michael Rotenberg and Tom Lassally for 3 Arts

Executive Producers: John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky for Ternion

ZEROS

In this 1/2-hour single-camera satire, when the zombie population of Marshall City overcomes the 30-foot barrier separating the infected people from the rest of the city, the Zombie Extermination and Removal Operations company (the Zeros) are called in to keep the peace. When they can get out of their own way long enough to focus on a case, they are pretty effective with very unorthodox methods.

Executive Producers: David Kenin and Steve Brenner

Co-Executive Producers: Chris Provost & Dave Hales

Rico

Hmmm, interesting.  I would guess some might make it to pilots and some of those to series.

ChadH

"Ball And Chain" and "Human Relations" sound pretty interesting to me.

beer

Didn't really think of it till reading this... NBC = SciFi Channel, wonder if there's any chance of an Earth 2 series some day.

I would think there's already a decent fan base for the show, more so then for any of the new ones above... There was even an Earth 2 fan convention.

QuadShot

Hmm, some sound ok, but for the most part, I don't see a Eureka or Warehouse 13 in the lot.  Ball and Chain sounds like Hancock with a twist, and Sherwood...the concept has been well over used throughout the years.  Me and Lee sounds kind of interesting, but not something that I can see having a lot of material for a weekly series. Legendary sounds familiar too, and sounds like it may have gotten some inspiration from Galaxy Quest. Al