• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

A few changes...

Started by Rico, July 23, 2010, 06:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Tonight and over this weekend I'm making a few tweaks and changes to the forum.  I have archived all the RPG boards into a new section called RPG Archive (at the bottom of the forum).  Perhaps sometime in the future we will start this up again.  (My real dream would be to do some type of all audio production.  But yeah, when I have some "extra" time).  Those of you with RPG style banners might want to change those.  You can keep them if you want, but a change might be kind of good since the RPG is currently stored in Carbonite - for now.

I also moved the Member's Only Section up into the Crew Lounge area (seemed to fit better).  I'm also going to tweak the layout and look a little.  Hope to work on this during the next couple of days.  Anyway, just wanted to keep you all informed.

Thanks for your continued support and participation as we approach the 5 year Anniversary of "Treks in Sci-Fi."  

KingIsaacLinksr

ooOoo, I'd like to do the audio RPG, but I'm afraid my experience pales in comparison to many of the podcast giants  :Bow: around here.  

Thanks for keeping us informed.  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Thanks Tim.  Hopefully all the tweaking will go ok and make things more interesting on the forum. 

QuadShot

The site looks cool. Kind of a shock when I brought it up though! The familiar black theme is now brighter! I like it...thanks Rico!

Rico

This isn't it at all....work in progress.....

Bromptonboy

Oh, the daily babes are gone.  Sigh...    :)
Pete

beer

Rico, since you're working under the hood, can you check to see if there's a lite/mobile/iphone theme or layout that can be switched on?

I often use http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?;wap2 which is really nice (most prolly don't know about it as there's no link to it) ...... But many of these community portals also have another mobile option with more features -- usually with an apple like format that seems to slide as you click thru.

For example on asoiaf.westeros.org if you change the bottom-left-most dropdown menu to IP-mobile

Thanks!

Bryancd

Can you make the most recent thread box larger?

Bromptonboy

Cool - babes are back.  Will the shoutbox be brought back?  So far it looks good.
Pete

Rico

Still a work in progress.  But, I will work on your suggestions.  Learning the new Simple Portal Tool I integrated in today.

Bryancd

Rico

Ok, I've done enough for today.  Getting close to what I want, but still have some things to do.

- One thing to make note of, there are two tiny little buttons just above the right side column.  These allow you to collapse the left and right columns to fit your screen better when needed.  

More fun to come still!

Feathers

Lookig interesting so far. Only looked in the phone so far. I'll get into a big screen for a look around later on.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on July 25, 2010, 05:13:35 AM
Lookig interesting so far. Only looked in the phone so far. I'll get into a big screen for a look around later on.

Hopefully you can easily close off the left and right side columns to make it more "phone friendly" too.  I'll still look and see if I can find a more mobile template for you mobile users.  I just have no way of really checking that myself.

And please post any issues or troubles with the new stuff here.  A few things I know I still need to do:

- Fix spoiler tags
- Integrate Chat back in again
- Integrate the Arcade back in again

P.S.  Has anyone been using the Arcade much?  Also, please post and test the new Shoutbox too (left column area)

Feathers

Closing down left and right was the first thing I did on the phone and it worked fine. The only issue with that, I guess, is that  the settings are probably remembered by user rather than by device so I'll need to open it out again when I hit a desktop somewhere.

Still, better as it is than as it was!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.