• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

My midlife crisis has begun...

Started by ori-STUDFARM, July 11, 2010, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ori-STUDFARM

....there's no other explanation for it!! Look what I went and got...

Rico

WOW!  That's pretty darn cool.  Love to hear more about how you acquired it.

jedijeff

Congratulations, do you have a group to troop with, and are you going to join the 501st?

Bromptonboy

Nice - I also would like to hear how one goes about getting one (and how to hide from the wife).  :)
Pete

moyer777

you're a little tall for a Stormtrooper!  ;)  Nice Armor.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

So the rumours are true!

Ah well, you've always wanted one ;) I assume the lengths you went to were a little less...extreme than some that had been previously suggested?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

Awesome! Are you going to join the 501st?

Feathers

Actually, here's something I always wondered.

What's the visibility like out of those helmets?

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot in the way of eye holes unless the eye sockets are hevily shaded glass and even then, that would affect how well you can see.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Awesome Antony and I didn't know you had finally got it when I replied on facebook yesterday. My question is do you have to tuck your beard into the helmet ? ;)

ori-STUDFARM

Beard may have to be trimmed, although the neck piece may actually cover it. As for where I got it....it was one of the better priced and better looking sellers on ebay and I sent the details to Darren (Scuttercast co-host). He pointed out that the seller was in Nottingham, so I contacted him for the price of 2 suits collected cash in hand....Bob's your uncle. Me and Darren are now ready for Trooping.

We are planning to do some comedy videos and skits...maybe post on You Tube...not sure yet. As for the 501st, I plan to eventually. But I think the skits we are planning to do have to be approved for 501st members before members can appear in them....not 100% sure about this though....Playing it by ear...

Blackride

Very cool. What material is it? Is the helmet from Master Replicas?
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

ori-STUDFARM

No, he moulds them himself (in 3 parts then glues). The helmet is 2.5mm thick plastic. Any scuffs should, in theory,. buff out as the shine isn't from any kind of laquer.

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

That's AWESOME!!! would love to get one but I'd never heard the end of it "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper" :)