• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Help from UK friends to find a show

Started by Bromptonboy, June 12, 2010, 05:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

This is off the scifi trial, but do any of our UK pals recall a documentary called "Lord Mountbatten: A Man for the Century"  that was shown in the late 60's early 70's?  I saw this as a young boy, and I have been wanting to watch it again for some time - but cannot find a copy any place in the US or online.  Long shot, but maybe one of your know about it.  Thanks!
Pete

Meds

Bromptonboy

A march used to be played at the beginning of this documentary that I really love.  I assumed it was a march from the UK - but just learned otherwise.  While watching a 'Victory Day' parade from Red Square - I heard the march played.  Some further research led me to the name of the march:  March of Preobrazhensky Life Guard Regiment.  This was the regiment that guarded the Tsar.  ((Interesting for an old Imperial march to be played in celebration of a Soviet victory.))     :)
Lord Mountbatten's family connections with the Tsar must be why they chose this march for the introduction music in the documentary.
((sorry for the non-SciFi - but geeky nevertheless digression)).
Pete

stonut

Interesting and you do get history geeks to lol