Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Zoom, zoom

Started by Rico, April 24, 2010, 06:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on May 16, 2010, 09:34:28 AM
Nice comments about the Sonata....

Completely redesigned for 2011, the new Hyundai Sonata is one of the most unusual-looking midsize sedans we’ve seen in years. But that’s not the only reason it stands out. The Sonata is now one of the cheapest cars in its class and continues to carry one of the longest powertrain warranties. It also comes with impressive standard features like XM satellite radio and Bluetooth. Reviewers like it so much that at press time, the Sonata was ranked at the top of its class.

Hyundai offers the Sonata with only a four-cylinder engine, though almost every other car in its class is available with a V6. Still, since the Sonata is a light car, it offers plenty of power. Even better is its impressive fuel economy. The 2011 Sonata is the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid car in its class.

source:
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1438/best-new-cars-for-2011/

P.S.  The more I read about this car the more I like it.

I drove the 2010 on a work trip. It was a nice little car. There were no bells and wistles at all though.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Feathers

I think you're having more fun trying than you will buying :D

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on May 17, 2010, 01:35:35 AM
I think you're having more fun trying than you will buying :D

Oh, definitely.  My plan is to drive anything I am remotely interested in buying.  Make these guys work for my money!  ;)

Rico

New car that caught my eye awhile back - Nissan Altima coupe.  I like the look a lot and want to drive one.  But they seem in short supply at dealerships.

Rico

And even one further idea.  A Mini Cooper!  I kind of dig this.

billybob476

I like the Cooper but really only the "S" version. I find the base model looks a little crappy.

Bryancd

You better be getting a manual transmission. :)

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on May 20, 2010, 07:23:51 AM
I like the Cooper but really only the "S" version. I find the base model looks a little crappy.

The S version also has a bigger/more peppy engine too I think.  That's what I want to go test drive sometime soon.

Feathers

Wow. I didn't expect you to be able to get those over there.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

Yeah we can definitely get the Cooper. We get all the German manufacturers and some UK stuff that's owned by Ford or GM but that's about it. Nothing much from France or Italy (aside from Ferrari :) )or anything else.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on May 20, 2010, 09:26:52 AM
Wow. I didn't expect you to be able to get those over there.

Oh, yeah.  Friend of mine has had one for years.  Worth a test drive.

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on May 20, 2010, 09:45:30 AM
Yeah we can definitely get the Cooper. We get all the German manufacturers and some UK stuff that's owned by Ford or GM but that's about it. Nothing much from France or Italy (aside from Ferrari :) )or anything else.

Maseratti, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Lotus, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti all have dealership respresentation here in Scottsdale. :)

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on May 20, 2010, 12:31:05 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on May 20, 2010, 09:45:30 AM

Maseratti, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Lotus, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti all have dealership respresentation here in Scottsdale. :)

Rich buggers!  ;)

billybob476

I've been watching too much Top Gear but I do love me a nice Aston Martin.

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on May 20, 2010, 12:53:57 PM
I've been watching too much Top Gear but I do love me a nice Aston Martin.

My Dad used to have a 1965 Aston Martin DB5 convertible. It was gorgeous. Before that he had a 1964 Jaguar XKE since college.