• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars on Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Er guys did you actually read my post? Please read it before you comment. I didn't write I'm boycotting it I said "I refuse to buy it" and then in a spoiler tag I put "because I don't own a blue ray player" humour! Hello.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Dangelus on September 17, 2011, 11:55:59 PM
Guys, nobody on this forum AFAIK is boycotting this release. The "boycott" phrase came from a joke Meds made and I responded to about not having a Blu-Ray player hence he's not buying it. He put this in spoiler boxes so people may not have seen it.

We are a great community not a bunch of militants.

We have had a few moans and a little banter but it has all been in good taste, nobody is Lucas "bashing" either. We all have different tastes and expectations that's all. We've made a few jokes based around the changes, all in good fun.

I'm thrilled Star Wars is out on Blu-Ray and one day I will pick it up because Im a Star Wars fan. It is what it is, it's here and let's enjoy it! :)

We're not a bunch of militants??!  Awww....I just bought my two Ak-47s I was going to shoot into the air for no reason....*sulk*

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

No, I know you guys are kidding around, I was refering more to the other forum communities with all the wailing and nashing of teeth.

Meds

I can't Nash my teeth anymore, I have a shield to wear at night lol. I'm not joking either I really do. Lol

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 18, 2011, 06:27:58 AM
I can't Nash my teeth anymore, I have a shield to wear at night lol. I'm not joking either I really do. Lol

Sexy! ;)

Meds

I'll show you in October if you are lucky ;) lol

X

Quote from: Bryancd on September 18, 2011, 05:39:21 AM
No, I know you guys are kidding around, I was refering more to the other forum communities with all the wailing and nashing of teeth.
Me too! I was referring to the actual boycotts that people are doing round the web.

QuadShot

Yeah? Well, I boycott your boycotting of boycotts! :P

Meds

I'll be honest with you, as I always am if I had a blue ray player I would buy these as I have every release and part of me thinks I may as well lol. I don't agree with the constant messing about but I can see why GL does it. As SS said it's his films he can do what he likes. But I also agree with SS people have fond memories of the first editions stick them in with Blue Rays. SS is doing that with ET as he realised he'd made mistake when he messed with his film.

I'm impressed with what I've seen of the extras and packaging ( thanks Rick) I hope though that this is the final instalment.

WillEagle

In response to Dangelus I could not talk my wife OUT of $80! So I thought I would try Rick Moyer's suggestions. The bank account disturbance normally happens on Wed. and Friday when I go to the Comic Shop and then the Bargain Box on Friday. So she is used to that happening. And she went to the store by herself so I couldn't drop the package into the cart. And if my dog looked more like a Ewok rather than a Gremlin that card could have been played. So my last option, before she went to the store, was the hand wave and I said "These are the Discs we are looking for." And the only response I got from that was... "Boy! Don't you be waving your hand at me like that if you like using it to eat!!" And since I like to eat I said, "Sorry, Honey. Could you please get me some cookies!" LOL
So maybe I'll get them for Christmas!
  :vaderxmas

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 18, 2011, 08:03:58 AM
I'll be honest with you, as I always am if I had a blue ray player I would buy these as I have every release and part of me thinks I may as well lol. I don't agree with the constant messing about but I can see why GL does it. As SS said it's his films he can do what he likes. But I also agree with SS people have fond memories of the first editions stick them in with Blue Rays. SS is doing that with ET as he realised he'd made mistake when he messed with his film.

I'm impressed with what I've seen of the extras and packaging ( thanks Rick) I hope though that this is the final instalment.

Don't forget he's doing a movie a year in 3D soon. So there will be a theatrical release followed by the 3D Blu-Ray once a year then most likely a new box set after all 6 movies have had individual releases.

Plenty of life in the old dog yet! :)

Dangelus

Quote from: WillEagle on September 18, 2011, 08:06:57 AM
In response to Dangelus I could not talk my wife OUT of $80! So I thought I would try Rick Moyer's suggestions. The bank account disturbance normally happens on Wed. and Friday when I go to the Comic Shop and then the Bargain Box on Friday. So she is used to that happening. And she went to the store by herself so I couldn't drop the package into the cart. And if my dog looked more like a Ewok rather than a Gremlin that card could have been played. So my last option, before she went to the store, was the hand wave and I said "These are the Discs we are looking for." And the only response I got from that was... "Boy! Don't you be waving your hand at me like that if you like using it to eat!!" And since I like to eat I said, "Sorry, Honey. Could you please get me some cookies!" LOL
So maybe I'll get them for Christmas!
  :vaderxmas

Lol I nominate this for Post Of The Day!!   :roflmao

Meds

Ha ha ha nice try Will lol

Dan a 3D release will see these boards explode lol

WillEagle

I also enjoyed those videos that were posted. Neat to see whats in the package since I won't be seeing it for awhile. And the Shatner video was funny.

Dangelus

And to cheer everyone up,

What if Yoda had survived and went with Luke to Endor? ;)

[spoiler][/spoiler]