• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Has Rico ever done a Babylon 5 episode?

Started by tweekjones, March 05, 2010, 04:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tweekjones

Hey there I'm new to the forum but I am not new to the show been listening like 2 years. Anyway in all that time I've never heard an episode about Babylon 5 and since Rico's done shows about quantum leap and the like I was wondering if I just missed it or if not i would like to suggest it. As much as I love Trek,Especially TOS :vulcan, I  love Babylon 5 and would like to get Rico's take on it.
Londo: What do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?

sheldor

Back a while ago.  It was one of his favorite shows.  I googled treksinscifi babylon 5 and got this link

http://treksinscifi.com/podcast_notes/?p=188

Vartok

Rico covered it as a series in Podcast #172 (5/4/08).  I did a music segment on Christopher Franke as the composer of the series music in Ep 213 (2/8/09).  Lots more opportunity!

V

tweekjones

Thank you very much well I'm listening to it right now but lets not end this conversation just yet.
Are any of you as angry as iI am that deep space nine is a complete plagiarism of B5? Gene Roddenberry is spinning in his grave.
Londo: What do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?

Feathers

I can't get angry about that sort of thing I'm afraid. Both were excellent shows in their own right but B5 still had the better story arc even with the whole Dominion thing on the Trek side.

I wouldn't want to be without either.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

I fully agree. Maybe DS9 was a ripoff but there's just too much good there to be upset about it.  They are both great shows in their own right even if they launched from the same premise.

Rico

You really have to dig deep to know if and who ripped off whom.  Frankly, besides the basic premise about life on a station out in space I find the two shows very different.  I enjoyed both of them and feel they both had great runs on TV and some amazing episodes.

billybob476

I also find the shows quite different but if you look at it on a very superficial level:

Multicultural space station at the edge of the frontier

Beings with godlilke powers in close proximity

Station commander as a religious leader

Long buildup to a major insterstellar conflict

Definitely simillarities there, but more then enough differences as well.

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.