William Shatner at Closing Ceremony of Olympics

Started by RickPeete, February 28, 2010, 07:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickPeete

Okay so someone mentioned to me 'Wouldn't it be funny if the Shat was on the Olympics program somehow."  And of course I said "Doubt it".

How could I have doubted the Shat?!!  But there he was, part of the closing ceremonies.  And he even got a Trek reference in his little monologue when he called Canada 'The Final Frontier'.

Darkmolerman

He sadly is one of the biggest Canadian celebs (I don't like Shatner) Also Canada being the final frontier? really? lol
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Rico

Quote from: Darkmolerman on February 28, 2010, 07:38:05 PM
He sadly is one of the biggest Canadian celebs (I don't like Shatner) Also Canada being the final frontier? really? lol

Sadly?!?!?!  The guy reinvents himself every 5 years and has a huge career.  Why no love for the Shat?

Darkmolerman

I don't know, I think it is because most cast members did not like him and he seems rather jerky

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Meds

Someones gonna have to hand in their geek card ;)

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Darkmolerman

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on March 01, 2010, 01:01:41 AM
Someones gonna have to hand in their geek card ;)

NEVAH!!!! *runs into the Delorean... then take the Tardis...then goes on the enterprise...then goes to a stargate....I think I am forgetting a sci-fi show in there oh right...and then becomes a cylon

billybob476

Not only is he Canadian but he's a Montrealer just like me :)

Feathers

He's 'just like you'?

Okaaaaay.

Surely you're 'just like him'?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

No, through some trick of temporal events he's just like me.

Rico

Again, the Shat is all-powerful and can manage to get on any event.  ;)

JoSpiv

The Shat was amazing as always at the ceremonies.   But what the frak was that afterwards?  I mean it looked like something produced by icecapades.   There are so many funny and talented Canadians they couldn't have asked one of them to come up with a closing number that wasn't insane? 

Oh well, at least we got to see the Captain.   

This is my first post in A LONG time.  I took a break from forums for a while.  Hopefully, I'm back to stay this time.
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

cassious

I'm not really one of those "OMG!I'M CANADIAN!SUCK IT, MY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM/HOCKEY TEAM/*insert other stereotypes* ROCKS YOURS!NYAH!" or crazy about the Olympics but if there's one reason I'm proud to be canadian, it's Shatner (My Captain rocks yours so NYAH!...I'm actually more of a Picard fan though  :P). I was kind of expecting his 'I am Canadian' speech and was slightly disappointed at the lack of Trek jokes, but it's ok.
"Would you like refreshments?""No""...Would you like a pillow?""No!""Perhaps some music?""No thank you!...Sir!" Gotta love when an android tries to be caring ♥
My cyberpunk fic:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5335859/1/Blurred_Realities

jedijeff

I thought it was cool to see Shatner in the Closing ceremonies, probably even more surprised to see Michael J Fox in the ceremonies, though he was at the Gold Medal games for Womens and Men's Hockey, so I guess he had a reason to be in Vancouver past watching. I liked the segments as well where they played on all the Canadian Stereotypes with the Beaver and the Moose, that was a lot of fun.

RickPeete

Don't forget that the Shat is now full of Borg nanites (reference the Kirk Trilogy post 'Generations') so this explains how he is able to live on through so many generations!