• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Closure on an old discussion with Palpatinve vc Windu.

Started by Blackride, January 31, 2010, 02:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackride

Last year we were discussing in Revenge of the Sith if the Emperor was feigning death when Mace was about to kill him. We went back and forth on it bla bla bla :)

Well it looks like we have some clarification from the "Star Wars Insider", Special Edition 2010. On page 110 they say that the Emperor was in fact feigning death.

Here are the excerpts:

"The scene was rethought after principal photography, and it was decided that Anakin should not come in until later, when it appears that Windu has won. As Palpatine feigns weakness and pleads for his life, Anakin is forced to choose his loyalty.

"When Anakin steps to his defense, it becomes clear that the Sith Lord is not as weak as he appears to be. Palpatine easily dispatches Windu...."
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Bryancd

I read that too. Just as I said. Vindication is mine!!

Rico

I was always of that opinion too.  It always seemed obvious Palpatine was faking it to me.  I mean come on, he's a Sith Lord.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on January 31, 2010, 03:47:38 PM
I was always of that opinion too.  It always seemed obvious Palpatine was faking it to me.  I mean come on, he's a Sith Lord.

Duh. I must say, I am enjoying this little moment...I remember who you all are... :)

RickPeete

My take is that Mace Windu would not have been so easily distracted given his background and strength.  But that's just me.

Darkmolerman

I think Joss Whedon is my master now and episode 3 was the only good prequel. I thought he was gaining strength to beat windu by absorbing his attacks
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Feathers

Ah yes, the moment of betrayal that upset my son so much :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Blackride

Quote from: Bryancd on January 31, 2010, 05:24:08 PM
Duh. I must say, I am enjoying this little moment...I remember who you all are... :)

I know how you feel ;)

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.