• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Beauty is only a click away

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 20, 2009, 02:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Blackride

Yeah, she looked good either way but with makeup even better :)
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

KingIsaacLinksr

Yup, that's pretty much the truth of it.  Its why I quit worrying about my self-image a long time ago.  Take it or leave it, your dealing with the real Mcoy.  Dove, beauty magazines, they are the reason we have so many depressed people of self-image.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

Quote from: Kinglinksr on December 20, 2009, 05:13:12 PM
Yup, that's pretty much the truth of it.  Its why I quit worrying about my self-image a long time ago.  Take it or leave it, your dealing with the real Mcoy.  Dove, beauty magazines, they are the reason we have so many depressed people of self-image.

King
I think you missed the point here King. Dove was the one showing what is actually going on and trying to promote the concept of real beauty.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Just X on December 20, 2009, 08:17:25 PM
Yup, that's pretty much the truth of it.  Its why I quit worrying about my self-image a long time ago.  Take it or leave it, your dealing with the real Mcoy.  Dove, beauty magazines, they are the reason we have so many depressed people of self-image.

King
I think you missed the point here King. Dove was the one showing what is actually going on and trying to promote the concept of real beauty.

Hmm, might be my bad, but the end comment the video makes, makes the video seem like Dove is being put in a negative light.  Am I misinterpreting that?

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

cosmonaut

Quote from: Kinglinksr on December 21, 2009, 01:01:50 AM
Quote from: Just X on December 20, 2009, 08:17:25 PM
Yup, that's pretty much the truth of it.  Its why I quit worrying about my self-image a long time ago.  Take it or leave it, your dealing with the real Mcoy.  Dove, beauty magazines, they are the reason we have so many depressed people of self-image.

King

Hmm, might be my bad, but the end comment the video makes, makes the video seem like Dove is being put in a negative light.  Am I misinterpreting that?

King

For some years now their campaign shows real women and carries the message to feel good about yourself. It still sells soap and cream, but there are worser ads out there.
The video is not about but from Dove.

Below an example of the ads, I've seen very similar ones in Berlin.

Bryancd

I'm amazed she was able to sit that still for so long!