• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Torchwood" - season 4

Started by Rico, November 17, 2009, 11:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Meds

Well I think when that was said it was a great pay off and gave Jack some conclusion and also gave the viewers the thoughts of how he there.

The more I think about it the more I feel RTD is a great ideas man but he's a bit of. Lucas when it comes to writing.

Feathers

Seen it and enjoyed it but I'm not going to go overboard about it.

Was it too long? Yes, somewhat.

Should it return? I'd watch it if it did.

Was it Torchwood? Hmmm. That's the key I think.

To me it was nothing special but I did enjoy it and would watch more. What it comes down to in my mind, I think, is that they named it wrong. It's not 'Torchwood', but 'After Torchwood' and takes the remaining characters on beyond the end of the previous series.

That's fine by me since until 'Children of Earth, the series only ever reached 'OK' in my book. If this new format gives them more to play with then fine.

One thing I did like more than I expected was the cuts between the UK and US locations and life as we switched back and forth between the countries. I have no idea about the reality of the US bits (don't you all live in cavernous houses with double garages and air conditioning?) but it matched what other shows portray and the UK locations felt like any realistic BBC drama to me. I guess I've seen both many times, but never mixed together like this.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Feathers

Oh and I wasn't completely sold on the ending. I like a little more in the way of pseudo-scientific facts to back up the story (but without great reams of exposition dialogue if at all possible!).

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

For the record, I liked this more than "Children of Earth."  I really had an issue with the crux of that whole story.

Meds

I liked the darkness of that series though, I  think that broke the boundaries especially for Brit TV. It had a HBO feel about it. I can see why you feel that way though Rico, it was definatley a love or hate it series.