• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

R2D2 Found in Star Trek movie.

Started by alanp, November 16, 2009, 10:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Hummm...I don't doubt they would put him there, but as a Photoshop professional I'm suspicious. :D Still, that's pretty awesome!
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

I heard about this before, I think he was put in as a little easter egg.

cosmonaut

Wasn't there some sort of official contest where you were supposed to look for it?

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on November 16, 2009, 10:33:31 AM
I heard about this before, I think he was put in as a little easter egg.

Yeah, this was talked about when the movie came out.  I'm sure we will all be looking for little R2 on our copies later this week.

Feathers

If you can a Firefly in BSG then R2D2 I'm ST doesn't surprise me.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

ori-STUDFARM

That is a photoshop. I spent hours searching for it on-line (well...minutes) and did eventually find it. I'll put the location in spoiler tags incase you relish the hunt

[spoiler] It was very blurred and out of focus on the version that I saw on-line but is there....Maybe the BluRay or even the decent DVD copy will show it more clearly. It is at the point when young Kirk meets Scotty (Simon Pegg) on Hoth (well, as near as damn it Hoth!) Scotty is talking and waving his hands about sat at his desk and in the background up against the wall is what looks suspiciously like a trash bin...or maybe an R2 unit. Every shot after that one from the same angle has Simon Pegg's body blocking the view.

Hope this helps (this is where I find that one is a photoshop too!! :) )
[/spoiler]

alanp

I wouldn't have believed it but gizmodo is normally pretty good.

ori-STUDFARM

Actually, another quick search now seems to be producing many photo's like the gizmodo one...and very few from where I saw it. I believe I may actually be wrong....as is usually the case.

**shrugs again for what I'm sure won't be the last time**

alanp

OK, here's the story with the text.  I just posted the picture instead because it's hard to see in the story's scaled down picture.

http://gizmodo.com/5405276/r2+d2-finally-discovered-in-star-trek

RickPeete

It is not a PhotoShop manipulation.  I found it on the Blu-Ray version of the movie!!

RickPeete

http://scifiwire.com/assets_c/2009/04/StarTrek_Kirk_evackit-17114.php

Check out this image from the movie.  The evac pod that Kirk was in on Delta Vega had writing on it that indicates it is from the NCC-1701-D!  Nice nod to TNG!!

cosmonaut

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

turtlesrock

cute! makes me wonder what other little easter eggs there could be. not like the tribble though. that was too easy. :)