• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

'Star Trek Live' Boldly Goes On-Stage in 2010

Started by Geekyfanboy, October 23, 2009, 09:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

For those of you who love a night at the theatre, but always wished there were more on-stage phaser battles, CBS Consumer Products, along with The Mad Science Group, have just the show for you--Star Trek LIVE! This all-ages show follows a fresh crew of cadets through their first day at Starfleet Academy as they explore the legendary Starship Enterprise. A surprise attack finds the rookie crew working together and solving scientific problems to save the ship and the planet Earth.

CBS/Mad Science says the show is set to debut in 2010 in theme parks and select performing arts centers across the U.S. and Canada. Promising state-of-the-art special effects and an interactive experience, the show is specifically designed to use the Star Trek brand to teach the audience about science and technology. That sounds like the content of the show skews a little young, but I'm sure older Trek fans will enjoy seeing Star Trek brought to life in a live environment. I know I'm intrigued by the idea. While the press release from CBS confirms that the Enterprise in the stage show is under the command of Kirk and Spock, there's no word whether that's Classic, Abrams, or 80's Movie Kirk and Spock. I'd guess Abrams, and it wouldn't surprise me to see actors like Chris Pine or Zachary Quinto make an appearance in pre-recorded video segments over viewscreens and whatnot.

Feathers

If it's aimed at a younger audience, I simply take the children. Being a parent has to have some advantages!

I'm not sure I'm fully sold on the premise, but it strikes me as an interesting idea.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.