• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Eastwick" new TV series

Started by Rico, September 23, 2009, 07:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This looks like "Desperate Housewives" with a little magic tossed in.  Starts tonight on ABC.  Certainly got a good looking group of ladies.   :blush

ABC EASTWICK PILOT PROMO TRAILER

Jobydrone

The novel is one of my all time favorites, and I adored the movie adaptation as well.  I will be watching this with a wary eye.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Geekyfanboy

I've been debating on watching it.. but since time is very limited I may skip it.. these things always come out on DVD a few months later anyways :)

billybob476

I caught the first 10 minutes and PVR'd the rest. It is A LOT like Desperate Housewives. Same setting, same voiceover, similar characters...I almost think it's a bit too much like Desperate Housewives. I'll probably watch it all the way through with Fran and see.

First impressions were it's a bit of a clone.

sheldor

I watched about 30-45 min.  It was ok but it did remind me of Charmed.  Have to wait and see

Rico

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it.  The characters are fun and certainly easy on the eyes.  I'll keep watching and see where it goes.

Bromptonboy

Is this a play on the old movie 'Witches of Eastwick'? ((if anyone else recalls that old chestnut))
Pete

Rico

Quote from: bromptonboy on September 28, 2009, 09:46:45 AM
Is this a play on the old movie 'Witches of Eastwick'? ((if anyone else recalls that old chestnut))

Yes - it is.  Which was based off a book first - I think.

Jobydrone

John Updike, one of the greats, recently passed on, wrote the original novel, and may possibly be spinning in his grave to see this adaptation of his characters.  There was a sequel to the original book which was one of the last things he published before dying.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Geekyfanboy

"Eastwick" Canceled
November 10, 2009 by Michael Hickerson   || Category: TV News

EW's Michael Ausiello reports that ABC has decided to not order any more episodes of freshman series, "Eastwick."

The series, which was given a 13 episode intial order, is effectively canceled.

The series has been struggling in the ratings in its Wednesday time slot.

No word yet on if the show will be pulled for sweeps and if they will air the final episodes.

The good news for "Eureka" fans is that the cancellation of the show frees actress Jamie Ray Newman to return to SyFy's show as Tess next summer.

Bromptonboy

Wow!  The networks are merciless - no quarter for those who lag in the ratings!  :)
Pete

Rico

Well, I guess I won't watch those 3-4 episodes sitting on my TIVO.  It was a fun little show, but the writing and characters I felt weren't quite strong enough.