• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Heroes - Season Four News (spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 31, 2009, 11:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Quote from: Kinglinksr on October 30, 2009, 11:53:48 AM
I've watched up till now...and quite frankly, this is a train wreck. 

The racist? cops:

Wow, aren't we done with the "IF YOUR DIFFERENT YOU SHOULD BE DEAD!" deal?  Its stereotypical about cops and quite frankly, disgusting and annoying to watch.  I have yet to meet a cop who is like this, enough already. 

Not to point out the obvious, but you don't fit the profile to meet cops like that. I however have met cops like that and can assure you that they exist. The thing that they did to the kid was also something that has been done before. I don't know of any police officers that have done that, but the behavior of the cops and the act itself was not something that the writers invented.

I think the story this week was very interesting and far from the usual predictable fare. I fully expected the kid to survive in some way and was happy to be proven wrong.

Rico

It was an interesting and intense episode this past week.  But I kind of thought that they (the writers) were just using Jeremy to push Tracy towards the carny folks.  Seemed kind of a waste.  I also kind of thought that HRG was a bit naive if he thought they were easily going to just walk out the front door of the jail.  He should know better than that.  Anyway, interesting and different type of season so far.

alanp

Yeah we've got some bad cops.  And I'm surprised that we aren't don't much about it when they misbehave.  I'm sure you all saw the youtube video of the Highway Patrolman who had the medic in a choke hold this summer; I'm embarrassed to say he is once again on the force!  Nothing was done.  And he is patrolling the next town over from where my parents live!  He just got one weeks paid leave and returned to work.

And it seems like busting Jeremy out of a small town jail would be well within the capabilities of HRG.

Bryancd

Another complaint is how they are trying to introduce the whole Claire as a lesbian story. I am 100% supportive of positive portrayls of gay couples in the media. I adore the gay couple on the series "Modern Family" but this seems VERY forced and contrived. Like they are trying to be shocking and controversial but it feels like it's been tacked on, no real development, just "Look! Girls kissing!!!"

LAME.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on October 30, 2009, 04:32:48 PM
Another complaint is how they are trying to introduce the whole Claire as a lesbian story. I am 100% supportive of positive portrayls of gay couples in the media. I adore the gay couple on the series "Modern Family" but this seems VERY forced and contrived. Like they are trying to be shocking and controversial but it feels like it's been tacked on, no real development, just "Look! Girls kissing!!!"

LAME.
I don't think this is a Claire as a lesbian story. I think this is a story where someone fell for Claire that happened to be a lesbian. It doesn't mean that Claire will turn into one. Also, the whole idea of someone with a crush on Claire this season was a plot point that they wanted to do, but the actress asked if the person crushing on her could be a woman because we had yet to see any gay characters in the show.

The girl kissed Claire and I don't think it's the first time someone got kissed unexpectedly. I can see how it might seem forced, but I think it's nice that someone saw that the show didn't have any gay folk and they put one in.

alanp

Claire was getting freaked out by her roommate, suspected her of trying to impale her at the party, was alarmed by the photos on the computer, then the surprise revelation of the 'girl crush'.  All of a sudden, Claire is no longer freaked out.  I can't say her getting OK with someone who had been alarming her just by a suppress kiss made sense to me. 

Rico

I actually think the Claire/roommate situation is being handled pretty well.  It hasn't seem that tossed in at all to me.  I mean, it's college - the time to cut loose and experiment!  I'm happy with the way it's being portrayed.

ElfManDan

Quote from: Rico on October 30, 2009, 06:14:18 PM
I actually think the Claire/roommate situation is being handled pretty well.  It hasn't seem that tossed in at all to me.  I mean, it's college - the time to cut loose and experiment!  I'm happy with the way it's being portrayed.

I'd just rather not have it at all. Claire is the one character I think I would like off the show the most. She just plain annoys me these days.

alanp

Quote from: Sheppard on October 31, 2009, 10:42:07 AM
I'd just rather not have it at all. Claire is the one character I think I would like off the show the most. She just plain annoys me these days.

I was thinking the same about Tracy.  I just don't care about that character and would much rather be watching segments of Dr. Suresh, Micah, Monica or Adam.

ElfManDan

Quote from: AlanP on October 31, 2009, 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: Sheppard on October 31, 2009, 10:42:07 AM

I was thinking the same about Tracy.  I just don't care about that character and would much rather be watching segments of Dr. Suresh, Micah, Monica or Adam.

A agree, I don't really like Tracy either. In fact I'm really not liking any of the characters all that much this season excluding Peter and Emma. I think Hiro and Noah could be made interesting again, but the writers are going to have to start making them cool again. I want to see the Five Years Gone Hiro, what happened to him? Are we ever going to see that Hiro I wonder.

alanp

We were talking about bad cops earlier because of the bigoted officers (or at least it's what they made you think of.)  So I thought perhaps this would be the thread to mention this one on.  Then we can get back to heroes.

I had a pretty bad traffic stop last night.  I almost cleared the intersection but not quite as the light turned from yellow to red at 11 PM in a town that was almost totally deserted at that hour.  The light turned on a timer, which was also in a speed zone.  I was respectful but he wanted to be a bully.  I wasn't impressed.  He tried to rattle me. Didn't work.  I asked him why he felt it necessary to hit me with a ticket in this situation.  He accused me of drinking. (Which I hadn't been.)  Then he cussed me and called me a liar.  He got onto me for still being in the road while pulled over.  Well, there was no shoulder!  My cousin by marriage who was once a police officer at the same precinct wrote on my facebook to write a letter to the chief.

From what I hear, he is a young guy his first year or so on the force.  He graduated high school a year or two ago and was a star athlete but had a reputation for being a knothead to his team mates, coaches, and the other teams.

jedijeff

I got caught up with Heroes last night as watched the past 2. I was a bit disappointed with how the Noah/Jeremy/Tracy story finished up. I agree with some of the other comments, that Jeremy was there just to push Tracy towards the Carnies. I just feel it is a bit of a pity that they had to kill off the Jeremy character, as their plans for him actually had me interested in seeing more for this character. I guess as well, they were giving Noah a purpose, but now not sure what is next for him, does he just go back to the bench so to speak, and wait for something they can drop him into again?
I think they have Sylar stretched to much for me. The whole Sylar doesn't know who he is just feels like we have been over this before. The Sylar/Parkman story is starting to get a bit tired for me as well. I guess I am just hoping that both those stories get resolved shortly and Sylar is back to his villainous ways. If that was the end of Parkman as well, would not bother me, as finding his character getting more and more dull. Don't really care for his wife either, so hoping whatever his story is, her character is only in it temporarily.
The Carnie stuff I am hoping we find out more soon on. They spend a lot of time, and maybe I am missing something, but it seems weaved into just about every story arc, but I don't really know what their purpose is. Yeah, they do seem like in the end they are up to no good, but they seem to strike out against those who are hurting people with powers.  I guess every time I am watching that part of the story, I am just wanting some idea where they are going with it. If someone could clue me in, that would be appreciated, as might make me enjoy this season more.

moyer777

Ok, tonights episode was so jumbled.  But I kind of liked it .. I think.  :)  I kind of like it when we go back into places we have been before like they do on Lost and stuff, but it has been so long since I watched the beginning that I had to kind of refresh myself on things.  That is where I got confused.  I guess if it isn't Star Trek I have a hard time remembering stuff.  Oh well. 

What did you think about this one?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

sheldor

I liked seeing Charlie again.  Can't help but think this will cause some major problems in the present.  I also just read a major spoiler on yahoo - check it out if you dare.  Hard to believe they would leak this.

alanp

I think we saw a better effort than previous weeks, and the teaser for next week looks exciting.  Looks like we'll be getting the conflict we've been missing all season.  They jumped into a past episode; one from the first season when they were white hot, reminding us how good it was that first season.  And I let it go but it seems that they are going back to that season too much and bleeding it dry.  I hope next time they jump into a future episode like Kes jumped into the year of hell a season or so before that episode was shot.  That would be cool.

Here is my main problem.  The network only ordered 20 episodes this season.  Down from 26.  So they have wasted time by moving around the same chess pieces around the board for several weeks.  We've got to see conflict.  And we'll get some when Syler gets Matt Parkman into some trouble (from the teaser).