• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Origin of the starfleet emblem

Started by davekill, August 10, 2008, 12:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: bromptonboy on September 03, 2009, 08:22:30 AM
Quote from: Rico on September 02, 2009, 08:30:38 PM
Grabbed a couple screenshots off the enhanced "Doomsday Machine" episode of the Constellation.  Looks like they didn't change any of the ship markings from what was seen before in TOS.  Only the registry number was changed to NCC-1017 for Decker's ship.  This is a cool episode with some great added effects though.

I have yet to watch the enhanced TOS episodes.  I had no idea that they did so much.  I'll have to see if they are on Netflix.  Are there any other particular episodes that got really kicked up a notch (to borrow Emeril's catchphrase)?  Thanks

All are worth watching - in my opinion.  A few real cool ones that spring to mind are: "The Doomsday Machine", "The Tholian Web", "The Immunity Syndrome", "The Ultimate Computer", "The Menagerie", and "The Cage."  Anything that has a fair numbers of effects done for them.  I'll try and stream "The Doomsday Machine" later on today to show you what I mean.

Feathers

In asking the question I asked mid-thread, I never even considered the reality of how the show would have been made i.e. stock footage and models. The screen shots of the new effects seem a little ambiguous too. I'll have to wait until I get home and look at the streamed version too I guess.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

ChadH

Quote from: bromptonboy on September 03, 2009, 08:22:30 AM
Quote from: Rico on September 02, 2009, 08:30:38 PM
Grabbed a couple screenshots off the enhanced "Doomsday Machine" episode of the Constellation.  Looks like they didn't change any of the ship markings from what was seen before in TOS.  Only the registry number was changed to NCC-1017 for Decker's ship.  This is a cool episode with some great added effects though.

I have yet to watch the enhanced TOS episodes.  I had no idea that they did so much.  I'll have to see if they are on Netflix.  Are there any other particular episodes that got really kicked up a notch (to borrow Emeril's catchphrase)?  Thanks
Just a quick comment on the enhanced TOS episodes. They did a great job on the effects, but the editing of the episodes themselves is a bit wonky. "Kirk was just on the bridge a moment ago, but now he's running around on the planet's surface?" That sort of thing. Other than that I really like them. Picky,picky.