News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Hi all

Started by Ryan F, September 08, 2009, 09:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan F

My name is Ryan, and I'm a geek.

I've been a fan of the podcast for some time now (I also listen to the Anomaly podcast and I try to keep up with the rpg, though I can never seem to catch up... ;)

Anyway, I've been in a sci-fi mood of late, and I decided to stop lurking.

I just finished a grand rewatching of all of Star Trek (in time for the movie), and since then I've been watching some new and old Dr. Who and catching up on the Battlestar re-imagining.  I've also been reading a lot of Hugo winners of late.

Hi all.

moyer777

Welcome Ryan!  Great to have you along for the ride!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bromptonboy

Welcome aboard Ryan!  How long did the whole re-watch take?!  :)
Pete

Ryan F

Quote from: moyer777 on September 08, 2009, 09:04:14 AM
Welcome Ryan!  Great to have you along for the ride!

Thanks!

Quote from: bromptonboy on September 08, 2009, 09:06:02 AM
Welcome aboard Ryan!  How long did the whole re-watch take?!  :)

It took about 18 months, but that's including a 6 month break in the middle.  It was very fun though.  I'd seen most of TNG, but just bits and pieces of the rest.  DS9 especially impressed me, and I'm glad I watched some of those TOS classics.  Enterprise surprised me by being not terrible (and occasionally being fantastic).

Geekyfanboy

Hey Ryan.. thanks for de-lurking.. you're gonna like it here.

sheldor

Quote from: Ryan F on September 08, 2009, 09:03:28 AM

I've been a fan of the podcast for some time now (I also listen to the Anomaly podcast and I try to keep up with the rpg, though I can never seem to catch up... ;)

I just finished a grand rewatching of all of Star Trek (in time for the movie), and since then I've been watching some new and old Dr. Who and catching up on the Battlestar re-imagining.  I've also been reading a lot of Hugo winners of late.

Hi all.

Hi Ryan...welcome to club.   

We need like a motto/code for new members.

Preamble: We the geeks of TreksInSciFi...

Rico

Glad to have you with us Ryan.  I know you will enjoy the forum.  Great geeks here - and good friends.

Jen

Quote from: Ryan F on September 08, 2009, 09:03:28 AM

I just finished a grand rewatching of all of Star Trek (in time for the movie), and since then I've been watching some new and old Dr. Who and catching up on the Battlestar re-imagining.  I've also been reading a lot of Hugo winners of late.

Hi all.

Welcome Ryan! :)  We're glad you joined the forum! You'll fit right in, and thanks for listening to Anomaly.

Do you listen to the Ready Room? The RPG posts are read on the show, so that will help you keep up if you don't have time to read them all. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

ChadH

Hi Ryan, good to meet you. I've been re-watching alot of TOS and TNG lately myself. Nice to have you here.

ori-STUDFARM

Yay! A newer member than I.

I've found this to be a very friendly place to visit. I'm sure you will too!

Meds

Welcome Ryan, did i see that you wrote old Doctor who, excellent welcome to the group my friend.

Ryan F

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Quote from: Jen on September 08, 2009, 10:20:44 AM
Welcome Ryan! :)  We're glad you joined the forum! You'll fit right in, and thanks for listening to Anomaly.

Do you listen to the Ready Room? The RPG posts are read on the show, so that will help you keep up if you don't have time to read them all. :)

Yeah, Ready Room is my usual method for catching up, though I never quite make it (and then I inevitably get busy and fall farther back).  The show is great fun though! 

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 08, 2009, 11:17:32 AM
Welcome Ryan, did i see that you wrote old Doctor who, excellent welcome to the group my friend.

After hearing how great the new stuff was, I finally started watching it in the summer.  I decided to watch the old stuff to fill in the blanks too.  I watched about 10 serials each of Hartnell and Troughton, 15 or so of Pertwee, and now I'm early in the Baker years (yay!).  I'd barely seen any before then, but I had to watch something after I finished rewatching all of that Trek.

Meds

Wow nice one Ryan, i'm a huge Dr Who fan espeically the classic series, there is a thread here all about the classic years if you fancy having a look. :)