• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Hmmm...

[spoiler]They didn't seem to do much with the Sandsnake stuff - except that jail scene.  Great seeing Ghost again!  Oh, and I enjoyed Cersei getting tossed in jail but I'm having a hard time getting how this loony in a bathrobe seems to basically be in control of King's Landing now??!?!??[/spoiler]

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on May 25, 2015, 01:19:16 PM
Hmmm...

[spoiler]They didn't seem to do much with the Sandsnake stuff - except that jail scene.  Great seeing Ghost again!  Oh, and I enjoyed Cersei getting tossed in jail but I'm having a hard time getting how this loony in a bathrobe seems to basically be in control of King's Landing now??!?!??[/spoiler]

[spoiler]If they stay true to the books, she won't be in charge much longer.  BTW I think that was Varys in disguise who freed Tyrion but cutting the chain..
Melisandre asking for Stannis's daughter was not in the book - she does want his illegitimate nephew, but the onion knight spirits him away (which I bet he will do for the daughter now). [/spoiler]
Pete

X

I am finding that I like the differences from the books more and more. They are two separate universes and while some things are close, others are drastically different and I think I like it. I have the books in several formats on my shelves or on my Kindle, but this give me something new to absorb in a similar universe. I'm actually well past tired of waiting in GRRM. Unfortunately, I was one of the idiots that started this series when the first book was released and it's been a slow hell of waiting ever since.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: X on May 27, 2015, 08:39:06 AM
I am finding that I like the differences from the books more and more. They are two separate universes and while some things are close, others are drastically different and I think I like it. I have the books in several formats on my shelves or on my Kindle, but this give me something new to absorb in a similar universe. I'm actually well past tired of waiting in GRRM. Unfortunately, I was one of the idiots that started this series when the first book was released and it's been a slow hell of waiting ever since.
I felt the same way about Robert Jordan.  I was in too deep to give up, and was reading from the beginning. 
Pete

Rico

Bahh, Jordan.  I gave up about book six! 

Bromptonboy

I wish that I had Rico!  The writing is not much compared to GRRM (not the TV show, the books!).  :)

'Who killed Asmodean?' used to drive me nuts..
Pete

ChrisMC

Quote from: Bromptonboy on May 26, 2015, 03:21:41 AM
Quote from: Rico on May 25, 2015, 01:19:16 PM
Hmmm...

[spoiler]If they stay true to the books, she won't be in charge much longer.  BTW I think that was Varys in disguise who freed Tyrion but cutting the chain..
Melisandre asking for Stannis's daughter was not in the book - she does want his illegitimate nephew, but the onion knight spirits him away (which I bet he will do for the daughter now). [/spoiler]
Pete, I'm pretty sure the guy who cut the chain was [spoiler]Strong Belwas.[/spoiler] Great episode.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bromptonboy

I was thinking the same thing Chris - but I rewatched that scene this AM, and he looks suspicioulsy familiar...I could be wrong though.
Pete

Bromptonboy

Wow!  This episode knocked my socks off!
[spoiler]Amazing battle north of the wall, and I loved seeing Tyrion meet Danreys!![/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

Very "cool" episode!  Get it!  :)

Bromptonboy

Pete

Bromptonboy

I both loathed and loved this episode...

Loathing..[spoiler]What Stannis did...uggh.. very disturbing.  He is move of a gray character in the books, but seemingly evil in the series now.  that was very hard to watch.[/spoiler]

Love it..[spoiler]Love Doren Martel - although in the books I picture him as a wise yet suffering gouting older guy.
Danerys was superb!  That was glorious when the dragon came in.  I must admit, I thought her husband was going to be the leader of the Sons of the Harpy.[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

Crazy episode - I'm with you Pete pretty much, the show continues to dish out the nasty....

But that ending.....

[spoiler]I was yelling for her dragon to show up and then Khaleesi closes her eyes and there he is....  SO GREAT that part...[/spoiler]

ChrisMC

:)
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico