• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMC

Everything with Ramsay Snow is nasty, he's just awful. I think it's amusing how Roose Bolton is pretty OK with how awful he is.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Quote from: ChrisMC on April 14, 2014, 04:20:08 PM
Everything with Ramsay Snow is nasty, he's just awful. I think it's amusing how Roose Bolton is pretty OK with how awful he is.

I was ok with what he did to a certain Greyjoy - but not what happened on this last episode.

ChrisMC

***BIG SPOILERS AT THIS LINK***

http://imgur.com/a/2DtPH

A VERY good breakdown of the poisoning.

Rico

I watched the end scene a few times and caught most of that.

ChrisMC

Yeah, sorry I mean to put that in a spoiler tag.

My wife made me rewind a few times, Bran's dream, and the wedding. She's read the books a few times.

Bromptonboy

Yes it was a good episode.
[spoiler]Yes - Ramsey Snow / Bolton is not a nice guy.  Not sure who the woman was along with him doing some shooting. 

Tyrion is in for a bit of a rough time..[/spoiler]
Pete

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bromptonboy on April 14, 2014, 10:14:09 AM
Some speculation - spoilers:
[spoiler]It looks to me like Bron is going to double-cross Tyrion in the HBO version, which I don't think he did in the book.  Unless they are letting Tyrion's mistress go from the story line.  That would be a pity.

I noticed that when Oleanna Tyrel moved away from Sansa after fussing with her hair that a certain stone was missing from her necklace...[/spoiler]
seriously, don't click if you haven't read the books[spoiler]Regarding Shae, isn't her death under the orders of Tywin a major impetus for Tyrion's patricide? (it's been a while now since I've read)  I don't believe they will deviate so far from the books on this, we'll see that for sure if I'm remembewring correctly.  [/spoiler]
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Spoilers about Shae! Do not read if you haven't read the book.
[spoiler]The TV show differs from the book - so far.  In the book she gives evidence against Tyrion during his trial. She really sticks it to him, and lies quite a bit.  Later when Tyrion is escaping, he decides to pay a visit to his father.  He discovers that Shae is in his father's bed - while Tywin is using the privy.  Tyrion chokes her using the Hands necklace - which she is wearing.  he then shoot Tywin on the privvy.
In the show - so far- Bron has said she has sailed away.  So maybe he is on on the conspiriacy to frame Tyrion - although I hope not as he didnt do that in the book.  it might just be they drop the Shae character - but I think that unlikely...[/spoiler]
Pete

billybob476

Quote from: Bromptonboy on April 15, 2014, 08:06:25 AM
Spoilers about Shae! Do not read if you haven't read the book.
[spoiler]The TV show differs from the book - so far.  In the book she gives evidence against Tyrion during his trial. She really sticks it to him, and lies quite a bit.  Later when Tyrion is escaping, he decides to pay a visit to his father.  He discovers that Shae is in his father's bed - while Tywin is using the privy.  Tyrion chokes her using the Hands necklace - which she is wearing.  he then shoot Tywin on the privvy.
In the show - so far- Bron has said she has sailed away.  So maybe he is on on the conspiriacy to frame Tyrion - although I hope not as he didnt do that in the book.  it might just be they drop the Shae character - but I think that unlikely...[/spoiler]

I'd be surprised...

[spoiler]
If Shae actually sailed away. Bronn didn't exactly confirm that he watched the ship sail away. All he confirmed is that she was aboard. You'll recall Tywin also ordered her brought to the Tower of the Hand after the wedding.
[/spoiler]

Bromptonboy

Yes..
[spoiler]Are you thinking that Bronn is playing a double-game, or that Tywin intercepted Shae?  I hate to think that of Bronn!  :)[/spoiler]
Pete

Jobydrone

Ah ok I forgot all that stuff.  I want to re-read them since I plowed through them full speed ahead the first time
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

I can barely handle all the nasty people on the TV show.  I very much doubt I could ever handle reading about them in the books.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on April 15, 2014, 02:04:17 PM
I can barely handle all the nasty people on the TV show.  I very much doubt I could ever handle reading about them in the books.
There aren't to many virtuous people outside of the Starks, Daenyrs, and a few others.
Pete

Rico

Bromptonboy

Wow!  That would take the Aeryie without too much difficulty!
Pete