• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"24" - season 8

Started by Rico, August 11, 2009, 06:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartok

8 years is a fantastic run, these actors need the break!  Only way to watch these is commercial free and with multiple eps to watch at the same time, so you can appreciate the pace of the show.  Sorry to see it go, now if the would only continue FlashForward! but alas.

V

Rico

I've watched all the seasons the old-fashioned way - when they were broadcast each week.  I don't mind the wait and it kind of keeps the suspense up.  Really hope they do a movie once the series finishes up and they don't wait too long.

Rico

Great episode last night!  But seeing Jack smack Katee around was a bit hard to watch.  ;)

moyer777

After watching the latest episode of 24 I have some strong feelings.

[spoiler]I understand that the writers are making Jack darker and going down hill quickly, and that the show has been and is very violent, but it was pretty intense and uncomfortable this last time.  It's like Jack is in a video game, not real life at any point.  I don't know, it just kind of tipped over the edge for me.  It has always been a bit unbelievable, but now it's getting kind of ridiculous to me.  Am I the only one that is starting to wonder about this?  hmm.  I'll keep watching cause I'm invested in it now, but the last scene turned my stomach and even though she had it coming, I was left with a sick feeling of "Jack?"[/spoiler]

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Another favorite series is now gone.  Enjoyed the finale episode though.  Very Jack up to the very last scene.  Great stuff and thanks for this awesome series!  And especially thank you Kiefer! 

moyer777

I enjoyed the series finale much more than Lost.  It was good to see Jack end that way.  Now for the movie!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Quote from: moyer777 on May 25, 2010, 06:41:01 PM
I enjoyed the series finale much more than Lost.  It was good to see Jack end that way.  Now for the movie!

Yep - I agree!  Jack just rocks!  Was a good season overall too.

wraith1701

Quote from: Rico on May 25, 2010, 07:08:37 PM
Quote from: moyer777 on May 25, 2010, 06:41:01 PM

Yep - I agree!  Jack just rocks!  Was a good season overall too.

I'll 3rd that! :) I'm now on a mission to get caught up on the previous 7 seasons. Fingers crossed for a movie making its way onto the screen; I hear that Kiefer & the writers are working on a second draft of the script.

My only question- will they go with a title like "2", or something like "24: Day Nine"?