• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Irvin Kershner has died

Started by Geekyfanboy, November 29, 2010, 08:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

A very sad day for all Star Wars fans..  :starwars:

By Garth Franklin Monday November 29th 2010 09:54AM
R.I.P. Irvin Kershner

Filmmaker Irvin Kershner has died at his home in Los Angeles after battling a long illness reports The Associated Press.

Initially starting out as a musician, Kershner went on to become a director of documentaries, features and TV shows. His most famous effort was "The Empire Strikes Back," the second film in the original "Star Wars" trilogy and by far the most critically acclaimed film of the entire saga.

His other most famous work was the infamous "Never Say Never Again", a pseudo-remake of "Thunderball" that was an attempt to setup a rival James Bond franchise outside of the official MGM franchise. It failed.

Other noted works include 1983's "The Eyes of Laura Mars" and 1990's "Robocop II". Kershner was eight-seven years old.

Bryancd

If any of you don't have it all ready, you must read "The Making of The Empire Strikes Back". I learned so much about Kersh from that book. Although I think I am the only one, I really liked "Never Say Neber, Again" as well. Kersh is now one with the Force.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bryancd on November 29, 2010, 08:20:45 AM
If any of you don't have it all ready, you must read "The Making of The Empire Strikes Back". I learned so much about Kersh from that book. Although I think I am the only one, I really liked "Never Say Neber, Again" as well. Kersh is now one with the Force.

I want to get those books... is Return of the Jedi out yet?