• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Lucas working on ANOTHER animated Star Wars series?!?

Started by wraith1701, August 01, 2009, 12:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wraith1701

Lucas says he's working on yet another Star Wars series, in addition to Clone Wars & the animated series.  ;D 

Speculation?

Check it out-

I'm thrilled by this news.  I only hope it's set AFTER the movie series.  I'd love to see a NJO/Legacy era animated show!  ;D

Bryancd

wraith1701

Quote from: Bryancd on August 01, 2009, 12:10:17 PM
Yep, this was one the ForceCast last month.

I guess I'd better give their podcast another try. 

Did they have any speculation on what the show might be about? 

Bryancd

Quote from: wraith1701 on August 01, 2009, 12:22:33 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on August 01, 2009, 12:10:17 PM
Yep, this was one the ForceCast last month.

I guess I'd better give their podcast another try. 

Did they have any speculation on what the show might be about? 

I don't recall off hand what era, but not anything after the Battle of Yavin or pre-Ep.1. George only lives in the time span of the films for his projects.

Rico

The Live action series is actually going to take place between the two film series - in other words, between Ep. 3 and Ep. 4: A New Hope.  During the rise of the Empire.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on August 01, 2009, 01:26:53 PM
The Live action series is actually going to take place between the two film series - in other words, between Ep. 3 and Ep. 4: A New Hope.  During the rise of the Empire.

Yeah, Eric is talking about a second animated series Lucas is planning.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on August 01, 2009, 01:57:36 PM
The Live action series is actually going to take place between the two film series - in other words, between Ep. 3 and Ep. 4: A New Hope.  During the rise of the Empire.

Yeah, Chris is talking about a second animated series Lucas is planning.

Yes, I know that.  I was just mentioning the era for the live action series due to your comment about when George sets his series and also as a little added info.

Bryancd

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you had hear that he had another animated series planned. :)

wraith1701

Quote from: Bryancd on August 01, 2009, 01:57:36 PM

Yeah, Chris is talking about a second animated series Lucas is planning.

Umm... My name is ERIC, not Chris.  Chris is Just X.   I guess...

...Nevermind. ;)

Bryancd

Sorry Eric, I was actually on the phone with a guy named Chris when I was typing that!

cosmonaut

I liked Lucas in that interview. The question was kind of mazily but he never seems impatient and takes the time for a longer answer, even doesn't run when he had the chance and answers another question.
He also always said "we", he's probably referring to his enterprise, but do you think he might give a bit more responsibilities to his underlings?

Jobydrone

I know many many fans love the extended universe stuff, but I really believe that an animated series or film that focuses on the continuing adventures of the characters we love from the original three films would be far and away the most successful possible venture for continuation of the Star Wars franchise.  I think that the majority of fans would most love to see this happen, why won't he do it?  Especially with an animated series we wouldn't have to worry about issues with the actors ages and stuff, and I bet many of the original cast would do the voice work too!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on August 03, 2009, 06:17:52 AM
I know many many fans love the extended universe stuff, but I really believe that an animated series or film that focuses on the continuing adventures of the characters we love from the original three films would be far and away the most successful possible venture for continuation of the Star Wars franchise.  I think that the majority of fans would most love to see this happen, why won't he do it?  Especially with an animated series we wouldn't have to worry about issues with the actors ages and stuff, and I bet many of the original cast would do the voice work too!

I agree it would be great, but Lucas seems so intent to keep "his" Star Wars within the scope of the story he told via the films. He's only interested in the story of Anakin Skywalker and that's it. Perhaps he will mellow with age. :)

wraith1701

Lucas has implied many times that he isn't concerned about the EU, as long as it doesn't interfere with his main timeline (the period covered by the 3 films, including what hasn't been shown on screen yet).  He's also stated that the live action show will be darker, character driven, and more adult oriented than anything we've seen so far.  With that in mind, I get the feeling that the new cartoon will be set in the Dark Time period, just like the live action show.  I think he plans on making it a "kid-friendly" version of the live action show, so that he can appeal to the older fans and the kids.

Rico

That's probably a good guess.  I think one issue with the post movies era now and involving the EU is there is so much of it.  I mean where would you begin?  What areas would you pick?  I'm still impressed that the book folks have managed to keep it a fairly cohesive story/universe.  Anyway, maybe someday when the movie "torch" has been passed on to a Lucas heir we may see something more for the movies.