• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Wars in Concert

Started by M-5, August 01, 2009, 10:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omra

I saved ten dollars by purchasing in person at the box office, of course I live near the stadium so it was no big deal. But if you are purchasing for two people that might well be worth the price of gas to drive there and get them yourself.

I was up one level and to the right of Bryan and had a good view of everything about 114 on your map.  No complaints...

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on October 05, 2009, 09:35:33 AM
I'm poking around the ticket site right now for the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan where it's playing at the end of November.  Man this is expensive - not sure I can swing it.  Anyway, take a look at this floor plan.  The first set of tickets that came up were up in section 215.  That looks like a bad angle to me.  What kind of seats did you guys have at your place?  How is the stage/screen for viewing?

I found $35 tickets in 221, $55 on the side and $75 tickets in A on the main floor - maybe a little TOO close.  I didn't see anywhere you can select the section first.   Only problem this is general seating chart and may not be accurate for this event.

Yeoman Mara

OH!!  I want to see this so much!
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

M-5

My daughter and I went to the concert last night.  The exhibits were okay, but the concert was fantastic. We had great seats.  The music and light show were awesome.  My daughter loved seeing members of the 501st.  I'm so happy that my wife caved in and let her go to the concert.  My daughter really enjoyed herself.

moyer777

I wanted to go so badly!  I'm glad you got to take your daughter!  How cool!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

M-5

Quote from: moyer777 on October 16, 2009, 09:46:18 AM
I wanted to go so badly!  I'm glad you got to take your daughter!  How cool!

I was hoping you could make it as well, I'd really like to meet in the flesh.  Looks like I going to have to pay you and your family a visit someday.

moyer777

Quote from: M-5 on October 16, 2009, 10:33:42 AM
Quote from: moyer777 on October 16, 2009, 09:46:18 AM
I wanted to go so badly!  I'm glad you got to take your daughter!  How cool!

I was hoping you could make it as well, I'd really like to meet in the flesh.  Looks like I going to have to pay you and your family a visit someday.

You are always welcome my friend, just call beforehand so you know we are home.  Or we can always meet somewhere up there or down here!  I'll pm my cell phone.  I would love to meet you!

Vartok

Ok, Star Wars, Music, movie montage behind the orchestra on a big screen, and much more (props, costumes, merchandise).

Check it out the tour to see if it is coming to a location near you.  Starts 10/27 thru December.  Going to cost some credits.

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

How can I resist?

V

Rico

Been talking about this for awhile in a thread in the Star Wars Forum section.  I'll merge the threads.

Dan M

The tour came to Boston this weekend.  I brought my youngest and my oldest.  (My other daughter is still recovering from the flu.)  It was an amazing show.  I enjoyed the prequel stuff just as much as the OT, but then I appreciate the PT more than most here, I think.

Anthony Daniels was definitely a highlight.  We got an encore of Vader's Theme.  The New England 501st was there, and the kids really enjoyed that.  Lucasfilm had some interesting displays, but it was a bit too hectic to really appreciate them.

Rico

WOW!  Great pics.  Thanks for sharing.  Looks like it was a lot of fun!

moyer777

Oh, that is sooooo cool!  Congrats on getting to experience that.  I almost went to the Seattle one, but time and moola didn't permit.  Thanks for the awesome pictures.

M-5

The one thing I was really happy to see was the different generations there.  I saw Grandparents, Parents and children there.  Star Wars has touched several generations of people.

jedijeff

I am really excited, they announced that Star Wars in Concert will be coming to the City I live in. Actually sort of weird, it will be on June 25, and then the next day I will be going to an Iron Maiden concert at the same location. I have never gone to two concerts so close to each other, plus on both ends of the spectrum.

Rico

That's very cool Jeff.  Please let us know how you like it.