• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Crusade, Time Tunnel, and Superman serials

Started by Ronzo, July 21, 2009, 01:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronzo

I am currently watching the spin-off from Babylon Five, Crusade. Wasn't given a chance, and only had 13 episodes. I notice the music was different, Franke wasn't with Crusade. In the beginning, I was disappointed that most of the alien races were missing from the show. Then in the second disc we see some Minbari, and Narn in the background. So fair the series is fair.

I am also watching The Time Tunnel. I remember watching this series when I was a kid, I am still a big kid!!  This was fun to watch back then and is still fun today. The second disc has the unaired pilot.

Last, I am watching the old Superman Serials that appeared on movie screens in the late 40's and early 50's. I do not think Rico covered this inn his podcast about Superman, so if wrong forgive me for having sometimers.  Kirk Alyn portrayed Superman/Clark Kent, and funny thing his name is not listed in the credits. I have watched the first serial adventure on the two discs. There is another serial on the next two discs. Each episode was about fifteen minutes long and you had to go each week to the theater to catch the next episode. This is fun to watch since I have been a fan of Superman for nearly all my life. I do not if they did not have the budget or the special effects to make Superman fly, but in these serials, he became animated, a cartoon.

Crusade, I haven't made my mind about, but I would highly reccomend The Time Tunnel and the Superman serials.

RONZO :superman

Feathers

Crusade is one I started but we got through the first DVD and the rest have never surfaced in the queue so I've forgotten most of it already.

The techno-mage episode with Edward Woodward was a little 'meh' but I think the others were OK.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.