• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

meet skip/dro

Started by skip/dro, May 23, 2006, 08:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip/dro

Hey, wassup treksf crew. My name is Adrien, but u can call me either dro,adro,skipper,skip, or adrien.  Me and Picard Delta 5 are buddies from skool. I'm 14. I'm into video games. I play a lot of different varieties. Right now I'm playing Oblivion on my Xbox360 and Jade Empire on my Xbox. My all time favorite game is either GTA 3 or perhaps Mario Bros. for the Snes. I'm not much of a blogger but i like forums. I like Star Wars, and some of the games such as Battlefront 2 and Republic Commando are good. Also the new Lego Star Wars game will be pretty sweet. I just started reading Mental_Floss, which btw is the best mag ever. Did you tht seats facing away from the front of the plane are safer for a crash landing than ones that are on planes now?
So yeah, thts me, and i hope to have some fun on this forum.
girls=(time)(money)         and if time=money then
girls=money^2                and if money is the root of all evil then
girls=evil
                  :p just a fun math proof for those who enjo

Picard_delta_5

welcome, u will probably be our leading game expert, if you post a lot (no offence risky)...

When I greet people, i usually tell them if they like Star trek they will fit right in, seeing as how this is predominantly (but not exclusively) a star trek forum. And i know your not a huge Trekkie. My suggestion is that u start just start watching more star trek... i can let u borrow some of my TNG discs, and some of the movies... and i can advise you on good eps to watch... 

oh and start listening to Rico's podcast, Treksf or Treks in Sci Fi... It's really good (but again, it's mostly about star trek)

anyways, glad u finally joined... ttyl
Star Trek Will Rise Again

skip/dro

yeah, i mean, i like star trek and all, but the whole watching episodes nd episodes for a couple of hours is a bit mind numbing. but i'll def check out the podcast and watch the "best-of" eps. and i'll try to be as un-bias as possible in my gaming reports, and it'll all come from good sources, i.e. psm,ign,gamestats.
cya tmrw
girls=evil

Rico

As I said in my other post - welcome aboard.  Quite a few active gamers here, so you will fit right in.

skip/dro

cool. so how many users are on this forum?
girls=evil

Riskygodfather

On the top right corner you can see the Key Stats, and there are "7720 posts in 641 topics by 57 members". And I think that Morelos and Octeris probably know much more about games then I do, Picard. O and welcome. I LOVE Oblivion I have it for my PC, and I am now Grand Champion of the Arena. BTW, do you play WoW. It's good. Enjoy your posting here.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

skip/dro

o cool, didnt c tht. and also runic, he appears to kno a lot about the ps3 stuff. he also left some cool links in the ps3 is coming/here forum in gaming.
girls=evil

Riskygodfather

Ya, Everyone here is wise in the ways of video games and Sci-Fi.

Admiral Anthony Out

Scott

Yea I know alot about games. I've been playing Video games for 20 years. I just wish I still had my 2600. ;) Thats an Atari 2600 for you youngins.. :P On some of the games the graphics were literally a square dot and a square maze.
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

skip/dro

hahahaha. i have the atari tv games thing, so i've played adventure and asteroids. i must say, pong is an amazing game. it still beats some of the new games tht are coming out.
girls=evil

Picard_delta_5

i was at someones house one time, they actually had one of the old arcade box things with asteroids on it... it was great...

(and Risky, i said that because u have a gaming podcast...)

Riskygodfather

I had a Coleco Vision (spelling?) awhile back and I LOVED it so much. It's amazing and sad how time flys, and how things change. I just try to not think about it and live in the moment. And thank you Picard ;D

Admiral Anthony Out

Rico

Yeah, many good gamers here skip.  You are in good company.

skip/dro

yeah thts cool. i'm not surprised tht trekkies, sci-fi lovers, and gamers can get along. we all have a passion for non/un real things. it's cool, cause real life is sorta boring.
girls=evil

Picard_delta_5

ha, so true... but its still good to get out of the house (once in a while...) lol...