• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Fanboys

Started by Geekyfanboy, November 15, 2006, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Finally saw this movie.  It was just ok.  Fairly ordinary and the Trek bashing gets a bit old.  But it did have some fun moments.

Jobydrone

I enjoyed it, at least I didn't lose interest in the middle like I do with most movies these days.  I do wonder about what it could have been without all the greed and studio interference, I have a feeling the whole thing would have felt more real and generally alot more fun.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

KingIsaacLinksr

Resurrecting an old thread ftw?...

Finally got to rent this movie and I have to say...it was entirely over-hyped.  Although I agree, its a fan tribute to Star Wars, it just felt...ehh.  The constant bashing on Trekkies was a bit much.  I know there isn't a lot of love between the two, I happen to be a fan of both Star Wars and Trek.  So it just felt like nonsense.  Also, the constant sexual references was getting very old very fast.  

Overall, it was mildly entertaining.  I laughed once or twice, but not nearly as much as I would have liked.  I felt this movie could have been so much more, but it didn't deliver.  One good thing is, I was interested the entire time, rather than wishing it was over half-way through. 

6/10 stars.  Movie is good to watch once and then never again.  Sadly, that's how it goes.  

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

I liked the movie and enjoyed the bashing because it wasn't that far from things I have seen when opposing camps get together sometimes. I watched the whole thing and didn't regret it for a minute. I also like how they ended it.

I was left pretty happy. It wasn't Free Enterprise, but a good try.