• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Season 10 OOC

Started by Jen, June 18, 2009, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen

someone programmed the replicator in his quarters to continuously produce rubber chickens. He was buried by them and that's where he's been all this time.
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

dinghead

Ok, in my young and foolish days I was a member of a Terran Empire LARP group. Unfortunately the group had to shut down. However we all got to contribute ONE story idea to the "end scene" as our fleet scooted back across regular Federation space to our rift back home.... I should also point out that this was 1994, and the US Congress had basically forced a governmental shut down (it became a plot point).

...And so the great Imperial fleet sped riftward. But as the horribly be-weaponed battle-wagons approached, they found the rift was closed! Where the event horizon should have been there was merely a small plackard:

"We're sorry, but due to Governmental shutdown, this multidimensional gateway has been temporarily closed. We do not expect the closure to be a long one, and recommend you check back often for future updates"

So... stuck with nothing better to do, the fleet waited. In order to avoid detection, they clustered close together. During this lull, the chief engineer of of one frigate decided to tour the recently upgraded flagship.

The tour went well until the flagship's chief and his guest stopped for lunch. His guest asked him "how much additional volume did you gain?" at the exact time he asked the replicator for "Chocloate Ice cream..." 

This would not have been so bad if the flagship chief didn't answer the query immediately with "...about 136 metric tons."

Thus the replicator nearest engineering began churning out 136 metric tons of chocolate ice cream. The confection quickly piled up and into main engineering itself, off-set the warp core and caused an anti-mater breach.

The explosion was spectacular. Made more so by the proximity of the other vessels, which began following in a mass daisy-chain of destruction.

...and thus was the pride of Earth, fist of the Empire brought low...by creamy chocolate goodness.

A Cautionary Tale, indeed.

Allen

:roflmao  :metallica:
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Meds

ahem,,,,,, walks away silently dum de dum de dum

Jen

It's now Alpha Shift and the Arabella has arrived at the Romulan Station.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Feathers

One question I have on the station:

Given that the 'Romulan Situation' has only just happened, how did they build it so fast? Was it already in progress as a colaboration between the powers prior to the supernova?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Well remember when the rebels destroyed the death star at the end of a new hope and then it pops back up in empire we borrowed that one ;-) lol

Feathers

Ah! We switched it in from an alternate dimension or timeline...sort of like Babylon 4?

Cool! :)

X

Quote from: Feathers on September 29, 2009, 03:19:25 AM
One question I have on the station:

Given that the 'Romulan Situation' has only just happened, how did they build it so fast? Was it already in progress as a colaboration between the powers prior to the supernova?
To answer your question, I'll give the short answer.

Quirinus Station was built by a joint effort between the federation, romulans, and other Khitomer signers close to the border of  the Romulan Star Empire and the Romulan Imperial State. It's purpose was to serve as a defensive position, research and construction center, and a part of a proposed resupply line should the worse happen.

When the Hobus situation was discovered, the Empress ordered a change in the nature of Quirinus station. Instead of a cloaked defense, construction, and research center, it was retasked to become the center of a new romulan empire.

So the station was there, but still in the final construction phase shortly before the discovery of the Hobus problem. While some people were racing to stop the problem, the empress retasked her people to turn the station into what might be the only hope for many displaced people.

Remember, they had a long warning that something bad was going to happen, unfortunately, they were never given specifics as to when their world world die.

Feathers

Great, that's what I'd hoped since without the long term aspect it's existence simply didn't make sense.

I thought it had been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

I've inserted a bit of ongoing construction in my latest post. I hope that's still in context.

Meds

I prefer my answer lol ;)  Thanks Chris.

X

Since everyone seems done with their things, I'm putting up the end of the season now.

X

Congratulations to all of you fine writers that have participated in Season 10 of the RPG. There has been some great writing going on and you have all been fantastic in the face of all of the loaded schedules of the writers this season.

As you might have read, Season 10 has ended on a cliffhanger that will be resolved in the next season. I think that it's been a wonderful ride and wanted to personally thank each and everyone one of the creators involved on this project.

We've had many of the regulars do fantastic work and while some of us ran into scheduling conflicts, the sophomores and newbies to the RPG have really stepped up this season to make it great.

I look forward to this breather to recharge our batteries and for what might happen this next season. I'm also thinking that a some point we should all get together on skype to discuss the future direction of the series, the events of this season, and where we want to go with our characters.

Special thanks to those that have read for the ready room and those that continue to support this creative project.

Great work to all!

Chris

Meds

Nice one Chris, good words my friens. Remember the last time we had a skype call regarding the RPG, we ended up knocking back several beers. Looking forward to the skype call then lol ;)

Bryancd

Quote from: Shelby Daelen on October 12, 2009, 06:32:29 AM
Cheers to all the folks who played this season looking forward to next :D 

x2 and a special hug to Crystal for helping me write a female character for the first time. I'm breaking down the gender barrier! :)